I am thinking...

Trixie

I am thinking...

Post by Trixie »

I am thinking when all this is over I will look around and say, "I was quarantined for 3 months and I still didn't make a dent in my stash!" :lol:
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Re: I am thinking...

Post by paddlegal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That had occurred to me too!

As of midnight last night, we Californians are officially ordered “stay in residence” until April 7 unless told differently. Only essential reasons to leave home. At least walking (translation: birding) outside is essential. Gathering of no more then 6 non-relatives in your home. And it goes on...

Be well everyone. :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd like to say I was quarantined, but as far as the city is concerned I'm essential personnel, so here I am at work every day. A tad bit jealous of all the scrapping others are doing!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'll be so glad when this peaks and we can say we're on the downhill side.
Joel will be on administrative leave starting Monday for two weeks. I don't know how much longer I'll be working - was told I can A) go work in the testing tent even though I'm in a high risk group, B) use my paid time off I've accrued splitting time off with my coworker so at least one of us is here, or C) work without being paid. I still can't get the rational of b vs c but it's not the first time I've had irrational choices to make in my career. Folks, this is not the time to need a medical or surgical procedure. Please, please be careful (yes Pam Phillips, I'm looking at you).

I've gone from Layout A Day in February to Calvinball (so far a page a day) in March and there is no visible evidence except my layout stack is getting taller. It's magic, I tell you.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Not much paper stash reduction here. Not much fabric either.

Most likely will be making masks for our local hospital and Promedica in Toledo. Crappy shame the public is being called to do this. For profit health care systems and current administration saying everyone can get supplies, no problem..ggrrrrr. Both were calls put out by hospitals and health care providers.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Make this your phone wallpaper.
5C60E3D9-3A74-4E6D-9E8B-45DD835D2EA8.jpeg
5C60E3D9-3A74-4E6D-9E8B-45DD835D2EA8.jpeg (146.07 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Charley started working from home yesterday which for now is good for us both in spite of the crumby reason. He’s also doing his classes online from home. He is to graduate in May but it’s iffy that there will actually be a graduation ceremony which is really crappy. He is valedictorian. Bob did know this and was so incredibly proud of him. Now the concern is if there will actually be a Bar exam at the end of July which he will shortly start preparing for. So many “ifs”.

Am I repeating myself? It’s that cabin fever thing.

Pam I really did LOL! So accurate.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Farley, my granddaughter graduates college on May 15th and she called me last night to say as of right now it’s looking like no one will walk, so disappointing for her, she’s been 4.0 since she started college. I don’t know what happened, I guess in high school she goofed off and when she had to pay things changed. Either way I’m proud of her! Looking like I won’t get to go and maybe not ReCreate either, but what’s gotta be done to stay I will do it.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Farley, my granddaughter graduates college on May 15th and she called me last night to say as of right now it’s looking like no one will walk, so disappointing for her, she’s been 4.0 since she started college. I don’t know what happened, I guess in high school she goofed off and when she had to pay things changed. Either way I’m proud of her! Looking like I won’t get to go and maybe not ReCreate either, but what’s gotta be done to stay I will do it.

Fantastic about your granddaughter's 4.0! Yes, there will be many disappointed students, parents and family. But staying healthy as possible can't be overlooked. I also had to postpone Bob's remembrance afternoon in April. Maybe in August.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m hoping and praying we can still meet up at the beach. I am so looking forward to being able to relax and enjoy myself.
A lot can happen in such a short time frame.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

There won't be in a visible dent in my stash either!! So maybe that's telling me not to buy more. Or maybe to even craft more.
Boss is telling us to take another day off each of the next few weeks. And she made that possible by giving everyone 5 extra days of paid time off. She's trying to minimize exposure to each other. So I'll have an extra day to craft. Yay!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

You can't tell anything is getting done in here, but I do have a lot of things spread out.

Chris was just told that he's out of work for the foreseeable future. They've closed the Pinehurst Resorts hotels. All staff were given 2 weeks of paid vacation regardless of how long they've worked there, and I told him to go ahead and apply for unemployment. He was also told that this is a good time to clean his nasty bedroom.

Adam's classes were cancelled last week and everything went to online. He's supposed to graduate this spring, and this is not supposed to hurt that. He's applied for UNC - online applications only for now. 99% of his credits should transfer, so hopefully he'll start as a Jr. next fall.

Meanwhile, the boys helped me fill in some of the craters left in the yard by the canine infantry today, and then I took a nice nap. Got a new sprayer so I sprayed the homemade weed killer this morning as soon as the dew was gone. Tomorrow morning we'll know if it actually works.

I'm behaving, Pam! No ladders. No limb cutting. No outdoor furniture assembling. Just taking my allergy tabs before I go outside. Fresh air is supposed to be good for us, right??? Pardon my sneezes!

Other than that, Murphy struck again - new living room sofa came and two of the :censor: legs were broken. FedEx is supposed to deliver them any time now. Maybe. :angry48:

If anyone is having problems getting their gardens turned over for spring planting let me know. I have 2 dogs that would be happy to do it for you! You supply the food and I'll send them with their flea/tick/heartworm preventatives to your door. Just stay 10' away from me!

Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Things are much the same up here. All production is shut down for the foreseeable future so I have no idea when I'll work again, and of course my cruise at the end of this month was cancelled. Meanwhile my grandson has painted my living room and my new sofa arrived on Saturday. With the wrong legs - but at least it's got legs. Whenever the store reopens they'll get me the correct ones. We're all social distancing - although I think a more accurate term is physical distancing - and people who've returned from traveling are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days. As of tonight all non-essential businesses have been ordered to close, although it's a pretty long list of things that the government have deemed essential. In Canada we have regulated beer and liquor stores; the liquor stores stay open but the beer stores have to close. Huh? Although you can now buy some beer in some grocery stores. My cousin was scheduled for colon surgery due to cancer on April 1st; last week he got the call that they'd moved it up to last Thursday so he's now had it and is home recuperating, and awaiting further test results. We're all quite thankful about that.