'virgin' dies...

Keitha

'virgin' dies...

Post by Keitha »

... and a new-to-me technique. I liked these floral clusters better on a square format, hence the 6x6 card. Am I the only one who noticed getting quite a few store-bought Christmas cards that size this year? First time I've backed my die-cut sentiment with craft foam; I like the effect and will do that more. I dug deep for the paper for the envelope - dated 2004. Why is it, no matter how much cardstock I pull from the box, it never gets any less full?
Attachments
20210122_092400_r.jpg
20210122_092400_r.jpg (200.23 KiB) Viewed 103 times
nchoney

Re: 'virgin' dies...

Post by nchoney »

Great job on the card... and the envelope!

I haven't tried cutting foam to back my diecuts... but multiple pieces of cardstock glued together works, too. :) And it does make it nicer to raise things up a bit. So I'll be doing that, too.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

nchoney wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:06 am Great job on the card... and the envelope!
I haven't tried cutting foam to back my diecuts... but multiple pieces of cardstock glued together works, too. :) And it does make it nicer to raise things up a bit. So I'll be doing that, too.

I stacked 3 layers of cardstock for the floral clusters which made them nice and rigid for inking. Craft foam wouldn't have worked for those skinny pieces as well. And by using both, I've got lots of dimension on my card.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Your card turned out very nice. I never think to make that size. I thought I would start making some slimline cards this past year but rarely thought to make them.

Did you smudge ink onto the flowers? The soft colors are really pretty.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:06 pm Your card turned out very nice. I never think to make that size. I thought I would start making some slimline cards this past year but rarely thought to make them.
Did you smudge ink onto the flowers? The soft colors are really pretty.

Yes, I blended some ink onto white cardstock for the flowers, after they were die-cut.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That card is gorgeous, and I love those dies.

Back when I got my first Cricut, I was so excited and thought that I'd no longer need all of my big sizzix dies or the machine. I have quite a collection and they take up quite a bit of space. But the original Sizzix dies were the only thing that I've ever found that can cut stuff that's not paper. I've used my dies to cut fabric, craft foam, felt, chipboard - tons of stuff. I've never layered paper on top of craft foam for dimension though - I really like that idea and the effect is really pretty!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

pretty card
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois