Super Bowl, or Scrapper Bowl (or Puppy Bowl?)

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
jfugina

Super Bowl, or Scrapper Bowl (or Puppy Bowl?)

Post by jfugina »

I expect we'll probably have the big game on somewhere in the house, even if no one is actively taking it in. Not sure why, but it just feels like we should have it on. We've always been the type to celebrate big game day because of the food and the clever commercials. Well, the commercials haven't been much to write home about in many many years. And we're still not gathering until such time as all participants are vaccinated, which means no tailgate buffet.

Anyway, I think I'm going to brave the wicked cold to run out for some pizza rolls and other oven junk food, and swing by Walgreens on the way home for a photo order, and maybe try to do some scrapping with the game on in a nearby room. What's everyone else up to today?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Re: Super Bowl, or Scrapper Bowl (or Puppy Bowl?)

Post by pamcook »

Scrapbooking. Right now trying to find a restaurant where we can dine in.
We almost never watch pro sports any more.
Who’s playing?
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Scrapbooking... if I can settle on photos and a sketch. :lol: And something from Prime or Disney+ for noise. Aside from that... it's laundry day. :roll:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm going to put the game on in the background; I don't watch football and barely know who's playing, but it feels right to put it on. I've just finished a piece of mail art to go out tomorrow, and will swatch my new Marabu art sprays while I've got them on the table. They're a new to me product. I've been resisting the urge to do laundry; I always seem to do laundry when I've got inky fingers. I may work on a journal class lesson next.
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

pamcook wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:16 pm Scrapbooking. Right now trying to find a restaurant where we can dine in.
We almost never watch pro sports any more.
Who’s playing?

Silly, Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This morning I asked Alexa who was going to win the Super Bowl and she said “Hmmm, the Chiefs are really good but the Bucs have the greatest of all time quarterback, but I’m picking the Chiefs and the GOAT will be put to pasture”. Nice to laugh to start the day.

We will see.....
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Neighbor ladies are getting together this afternoon for coffee on one’s driveway. We bring camp chairs, coffee, masks and lots of yakking. It’s great. Sitting a good 6’ apart and catching up. This will go on for about 2 hours.

Then Charley and I are ordering take out for dinner.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

The only reason I know who's playing is because I have lots of folks on my FB feed who either vehemently love or hate the Chiefs - so I at least knew they were involved. :lol:

Since my original post, I've moved about 6 gallons of pinot grigio from primary to secondary fermentation, and I've cleaned up my sentiment stamp sorting mess to start to make room for scrapping. But I still need to make my run out into the cold to get photos and junk food. Nicole got let off from work early because the mall was dead (outdoor outlet mall and superbowl parties starting make for a slow day in retail). Maybe I'll drag her to the store with me to help me pick out junk food.
Julie Fugina
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Been working in the scraproom this weekend. Got my ATGs done for the swap, finally!! We're going to have wings and fries for dinner. Supporting a local business. But not watching the game. Have a Bond movie on now. Pierce Brosnan. Yummy. :cool5:
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Trying to find my mojo to scrap.... but we've got hot bean dip, mozzarella sticks and marinara, and teriyaki meatballs, so the food end is covered.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I watched Holmes and Holmes for a while, and then decided to take a nap. :lol: It's a tough life but someone has to do it. :tomato:

I did manage to feed the dratted cat several times, let the dogs in and out once every hour, and cleaned up my desk a little. I'm just feeling a bit blah right now so I'm looking for another good book to download.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

For as much momentum as I had there for a while, the trip to the grocery store and Walgreens for prints just wiped me out. Temps are in the single digits, and all I wanted to do when I got home was sit on the couch under three blankets.

But, the good news is that I've got some photo fodder to work with now. So if I can finish clearing off my workspace I should be able to get something done this week.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:01 pm I watched Holmes and Holmes for a while, and then decided to take a nap. :lol: It's a tough life but someone has to do it. :tomato:

I did manage to feed the dratted cat several times, let the dogs in and out once every hour, and cleaned up my desk a little. I'm just feeling a bit blah right now so I'm looking for another good book to download.
Pam - I bought The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. The tv series trailer made me do it. Plus the author lives fairly close to Cara. I haven't started reading it yet though.
Pam Cook #48