Eileen Hull journal die?

Save some $ Find out what works
Keitha

Eileen Hull journal die?

Post by Keitha »

Has anyone worked with the Eileen Hull XL Journal die? I think it's called the ScoreBoards XL Die - Journal; I'm looking for the one that makes the TN-sized covers. If you've used it what do you think of the end result, i.e. does it fit purchased TN inserts well? Any tips or tricks to using it?
Trixie

Re: Eileen Hull journal die?

Post by Trixie »

Keitha, I have no experience with this particular die, but tons of experience with this type of die. We used them at the library all the time for bulletin boards and kid's crafts. They cut very well, but we used a completely different type of machine. You put the paper (multiple sheets at once) and the die between 2 plates then pulled a lever to compress the plates. Lots of schools and libraries have these machines. We let people use them a lot. I am not sure how the die would work in a big shot.

They are called Ellison die cut machines and there are several on ebay, but they weigh a ton and would probably cost a fortune to ship.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Tanks Judy. Now that you say that, I remember using a big Ellison machine at my LSS years ago.
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Beki, Dee and I took a class at the beach that taught us how to make any size book with cardboard, paper, and doublesided tape. The secret was using a strip of Tyvek on the joints. Tyvek is used to wrap houses when they are bring built and for dogfood bags. It will not tear. It is covered with patterned paper so the print on the tyvek never shows. I have made several and it works perfectly. Just in case you decide not to buy the die...

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Judy. I have some tyvek, hoarded from when FedEx envelopes used to be made from it. Because it's non-porous it takes watercolor paint and ink in interesting ways.