6x6 paper pad class

Got one? Know of a good one?
jfugina

Re: 6x6 paper pad class

Post by jfugina »

So I probably should have taken today off work, but I decided it's not my fault if they want to give us impossible deadlines followed by a massive weeks long lull once we actually meet said deadlines. So, I spent the day (next to the computer, in case anything came up), going through several years worth of photos, trying to find something to use for each of the 20 sketches. It was WAY harder than I expected.

On the one hand, I very rarely take only 1,2, or 3 photos. So finding something to use for those layouts with a small number of photos was a challenge. On the other hand, the layouts with 4,5 and 6 photos use photos that are so very tiny, that I realized I'm going to have to print photos for this out of photoshop elements, where I can make clipping masks of just the right size to maximize the subject in a 2x2 or other small scale. I started out looking through all of the massive piles of photos I already had printed, and they just don't crop down that small.

Anyway, the next step is to get photos printed for the first several weeks. I really want to stay on top of this class and I want to get more comfortable with these sketches I would not normally gravitate towards. Is anyone else doing any kind of extensive prepping? Or are the rest who signed up just going to play it by ear each week?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm prepping for re(create) right now. Putting photos and papers together, first. Then I'll dig through embellishments and add those to my page "kits". I'm taking these page layouts and the info for Shimelle's half&half class. That should give me some great ideas. I've also got other sketches I've printed. As for odd-sized photos, I've got lots of photos that can be cropped.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm having issues differentiating between the grey shades, so not sure if I'll do a lot of playing along.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I hear you Pam. I struggle with that too on some of these layouts that have so many different papers that you can't tell one gray for another. It's especially nightmarish on those layouts that have like 30 thin little strips or banners that are made from like 8 papers. I tend to shy away from those. But I am committed now to doing each of these sketches at least once. Hopefully the examples will help.

Nicole is at work and the boys are at scouts, so I've literally spent my entire evening putting together print packages for these photos. I managed to squeeze all of the prints I need into 9 sheets of 8.5x11, so I'm pretty happy with that. And the new ink cartridge really did the trick for my printing issues I was having. These prints are perfect. It's just a bummer that there is clearly so much ink left in the old cartridge. It's such a waste. Maybe it was just a dud. Having ordered this one directly from HP, maybe it will be better.

Anyway, I am now super ready for this 20 week class. All I need to do for a few of the weeks is choose the paper. But the photos and sizing was where I was going to be riding the struggle bus, and that's all done. So I have no excuses. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think it'll be easier once you see her layouts in color.... and her putting them together piece by piece. So... I wouldn't start worrying about them until class actually starts. :)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I'm all registered for the class and joined the Facebook group.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois