6x6 Class - Week 6 LOs

Got one? Know of a good one?
pbp908

6x6 Class - Week 6 LOs

Post by pbp908 »

I honestly tried to sew on this one, which is what prompted me to purchase stamps and rub-ons. :lol: Color is terrible on the photo, but the background paper is Kraft which matches one of Tiger's colors.
Attachments
Sketch#6sml.jpg
Sketch#6sml.jpg (269.63 KiB) Viewed 209 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: 6x6 Class - Week 6 LOs

Post by pamcook »

Cute, cute, cute!

Yes, stitch stamps & rub-ons save a tremendous amount of frustration!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Love this, Pam! Did you use a single collection/paper pad for your stripes, and may I ask what it is?
Here's a stamping trick I learned years ago that looks like sewing: if you've got one of those tracing wheels used to transfer marks to fabric, you can run that over your inkpad to pick up the ink, then run it along your paper to transfer the marks. I just usually sew, but it's an effective way to get the lines if you don't have an appropriate stamp.
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Super cute!! Love it.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Keitha, the papers I used were a mixture. As far as I can remember I used PinkFresh and Vicki Boutin. There may be one more in there but I've torn most of my 6x6 and 6x8 papers out of the pads and don't really remember what came from where.
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:39 pm Keitha, the papers I used were a mixture. As far as I can remember I used PinkFresh and Vicki Boutin. There may be one more in there but I've torn most of my 6x6 and 6x8 papers out of the pads and don't really remember what came from where.
Yeah, PinkFresh for sure, now that you say it. Thanks, Pam.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I had to stop myself. Kept wanting to add more!
0DB32908-A0C2-4EC3-8040-20AAD39D68F7.jpeg
0DB32908-A0C2-4EC3-8040-20AAD39D68F7.jpeg (201.43 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Here is mine for this week. I used "Game On" from Webster's Pages. I'm trying hard to whittle down that stash. Our family time is usually piling on the couch watching movies, so this outing to go play mini golf during Christmas Break was kind of a rare moment.

One of the things I'm learning from this class is that I'm not loving the re-assembly of these tiny papers against a stark background. So I used two more 6x6s side by side on the lower half to complete the page.
Attachments
SportsFusion_sm.jpg
SportsFusion_sm.jpg (116.95 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love both of these!

I'm not a big fan of the stark either, which is why I've been using a lot of different backgrounds, splatters and embellishments. To tell the truth, I'm not fond of a lot of the LO sketches and went off the rails for the next one. And yes, I'm trying to work ahead. :lol: One of Pam's LOs that she posted recently is my inspiration for #8, which may be a total CASE. I trying to work ahead because it's crazy for the next few months. This week is busy busy as I'm horse sitting and they take a lot of my time twice a day - feeding, cleaning stalls, health checks, etc. Anyone need some organic fertilizer??? :tomato: And then there's the herb garden which is going fairly crazy already.

Why did I retire?????
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

This week was the first week I've done the layout the week of. While I was at it, I completed the next two weeks as well. I feel like next week is severely lacking in embellishment, but that's something I'm really struggling with with these small papers - many of the pads/collections I have are collections I don't have embellishments for. And trying to pull embellishments from other collections or making them myself are somewhat of a brain block for me. And looking ahead to week 9, I realized I need some little baseball stickers. Or maybe I need to attempt to cut some tiny baseballs with my cricut. But anything smaller than an inch is really tricky (and that layout is just a mosaic of 30 little 1" squares).

I worked through all 20 weeks to find photos that I could print in the right sizes for each sketch, but I didn't go through and choose papers for each one. I think I might need to do that soon so that I can figure out where I'm lacking in embellishments and do a Michaels run to fill in the gaps.
Julie Fugina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Here is mine, I used the same bunch of papers all the way across the top.
Pictures are smaller than I like but this is done.

week 6-web.jpg
week 6-web.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I really like that color palate, Jill. I think it goes well with the photos and has a nice beach vibe.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very nice Jill!
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Thank you ladies.

We have so many fun pages here.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just found out that the site doesn't like my VPN!

Great job, Jill! The colors are wonderful.

I don't think I've actually used the recommended photo sizes for any of my LOs other than one I did for next week. My stash of 6x6 papers is slim, so this is turning into quite a challenge for me.
Pam P.