The Weekend

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

The Weekend

Post by pbp908 »

I'm kinda stoked this weekend. Saw my doctor Friday and I've lost... almost 50 pounds!!! Cleaned out a couple of drawers and found an entire summer wardrobe that I haven't been able to wear in several years. :lol: I knew my sweats and yard/barn tee shirts were getting loose (falling off is closer to the truth) but had no idea at all it was that much!

Also did a bit of online shopping for (gasp) 6 x 6 pads. I only had a few and we're not even halfway through this class. I can only hope I chose wisely.

After tending horses (feeding, turn out, cleaning stalls) for the past 2 weeks I've been lazy as heck today. Hopefully will finish the LO on my desk and move on to the next one. Need. More. Photos. :shock:

I spent part of the week gathering herbs and drying them. So far catnip, oregano, Greek oregano, Thia basil and German thyme. Tomorrow will be lemon thyme and Tuesday basil. The lawn mower should be back from repair and maybe I can get some mowing done. Our neighbor (whose horses I take care of when he's out of town) was kind enough to mow for us, but the rain and sunshine have definitely made a jump in the green growth.

Adam cooked lunch today for Father's Day. He did an excellent surf and turf with fresh asparagus and buttered potato slices. He's such a talented young man and we're going to be lost when he finishes school, finds a job and marries his long time girlfriend. At least I know he'll never starve!

Hope your weekend is going well!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Re: The Weekend

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Pam! 50lbs! That is awesome. You must feel great and didn’t even know why, LOL. So happy for you.

My weekend consisted of yesterday going to my granddaughter’s “7 1/2” birthday party. She’s a December baby so mom feels obligated to give her a special party. 9 little girls running amuck at Fairy Tale Town in the morning. By the time I left at noon it was 100*. Those kids don’t know the difference.

Relaxing morning and day for me. My son and girlfriend will be here at 4pm and we’ll have dinner at Hop Junction (because we can now) and enjoy what became our traditional Father’s Day meal. Bob and I went regularly there in the past. It’s a tap room with excellent beers on draft and vegan Indian food that the owner made just for us. It became so popular he put the 4 items on his menu.
FARLEY in Sacramento
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

pbp908 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:33 pm I'm kinda stoked this weekend. Saw my doctor Friday and I've lost... almost 50 pounds!!! Cleaned out a couple of drawers and found an entire summer wardrobe that I haven't been able to wear in several years. :lol: I knew my sweats and yard/barn tee shirts were getting loose (falling off is closer to the truth) but had no idea at all it was that much!

Congratulations on the weight loss, how did you do it?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Congratulations Pam! I’m a junk food junkie. It shows.

Joel and I went treasure hunting at the flea market yesterday. Came home with bananas, cherries, and plums, and I found a cheap denim summer dress. Bought some summer clothes at Bass Pro because I hate everything I already own. Today I’m pretending there’s no humidity and no rain by getting some scrapbooking done with the AC cranked up and a fan blowing on me. I really don’t like summer - not even a tiny little bit.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

EDelValle wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:12 pm
pbp908 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:33 pm I'm kinda stoked this weekend. Saw my doctor Friday and I've lost... almost 50 pounds!!! Cleaned out a couple of drawers and found an entire summer wardrobe that I haven't been able to wear in several years. :lol: I knew my sweats and yard/barn tee shirts were getting loose (falling off is closer to the truth) but had no idea at all it was that much!

Congratulations on the weight loss, how did you do it?

I really don't know how I did it - it wasn't something that I consciously set out to do. I do know that I've been walking to the neighbor's when I take care of his horses, and from the barn to his house to take care of the dogs - the dogs and horses are 2 trips a day, and then to his mailbox and back home. I'm also not very hungry at night so have been eating very little then. I haven't lost my appetite for junk food though, and I'm a real sucker for the new Oreo cookie flavors. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Great news
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Congratulations Pam!! Great job, walking is the trick!

I watched church on my IPad and ran for groceries, Lou fed in the pool, 116 today! Almost too hot for the pool.

This week a DR appt and not much else, going to start packing for my WY trip.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow Pam - that's fantastic! Congratulations!!!! And it's so much better knowing that it just kind of happened naturally rather than this happening because you consciously deprived yourself. The only time in my life I've lost a noticeable amount of weight it required constant exercise and constant attention to my food intake. It was exhausting, and I couldn't even say that I felt better at the end of it all. I even had one girlfriend tell me that "fat Julie" was so much more enjoyable to be around than the version of me that was always hungry and tired and sore. And honestly, once she clued me in that she preferred me plump and happy to super fit and grouchy, I realized that I just needed to focus on health, and not pants size. Granted, it's a whole lot easier to find clothes in size 12 than size 22, but I'm not sure it's enough to make me want to actively try to lose weight again.

Anyway.... my weekend was focused on getting Jake home from one week of scout camp, and repacked for another week. He had less than 24 hours at home to shower, nap, do laundry, and re-pack. And our kitchen is an absolute disaster as a result. Oh well, no use trying to make sense of it before he gets home next weekend and dumps everything again.

We've also had loads of thunderstorms and heavy rains this weekend, so while I did manage to get a few hours in the hammock with my kindle on Saturday, most of the weekend did not lend itself to enjoying the backyard. My pool looks like a damn crime scene and is in need of several rounds of vacuuming before it's suited for use again. So that's on the list for this week, along with some serious basement cleanup efforts. We want to have a family graduation gathering for Nicole in a couple of weeks, and the pathway through the basement from the back door to the bathroom is a mine field of junk. So we've got a busy week ahead.

Congrats again on all of your accomplishments Pam!!!!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Way to go, Pam!! :cool5:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Congratulations, Pam. You should be very proud of yourself.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)