Fossil Fuel

Keitha

Fossil Fuel

Post by Keitha »

Next up, a replica Sinclair gas station in Missouri. I'd never thought about the origin of the term 'fossil fuel' before, but with the company's logo, how could I resist that title?
Attachments
20220111_110133_e.jpg
20220111_110133_e.jpg (243.92 KiB) Viewed 129 times
pugmom

Re: Fossil Fuel

Post by pugmom »

Love it!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wonderful! I love your Route 66 layouts!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m enjoying these so much! Where in Missouri? Next time I’m there, I’m going to find the route and get some photos of my own? Again, you’ve chosen the most perfect products!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 pm I’m enjoying these so much! Where in Missouri? Next time I’m there, I’m going to find the route and get some photos of my own? Again, you’ve chosen the most perfect products!
Pam this is in Paris Springs Junction, which is little more than a few houses now. Right on Route 66, about an hour east of Carthage.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Not too far west of my son & his family. Will have to see if we can find this.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 pm Not too far west of my son & his family. Will have to see if we can find this.
Shouldn't be hard to find, and from what I understand open again every day from March - October. There should be a lot more signage and old vehicles visible now; these photos were taken shortly after Gary Turner and his wife died, and the property was closed up until their daughter Barb and her husband George took over. I think they also host car shows/rallies from there as well now.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

LOVE the page and your interpretation
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So cool! Rob and I are shopping for (well, really in just the daydreaming steps right now) a camper trailer. Since we won't ever have to be in the office full-time ever again, we're thinking we might like to work remotely quite a bit as we start to approach retirement. We're even watching the YouTube channel of a family who is traveling Route 66 living 100% of the time in their camper, and that's now a life goal. And your photos remind me that I really need to take the time and LOOK at everything along the way.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO