Simple Stories Warehouse Box

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Simple Stories Warehouse Box

Post by pamcook »

I feel like Simple Stories has upped their game over the past couple of years. They have some warehouse boxes for sale. Normally, I would jump on it but I’m in a purging mode. The Big Move could be summer 2023 and I have 30 years of stuff to deal with (precious little of it is worth paying to move!).

https://www.simplestories.com/collectio ... -main-page
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Re: Simple Stories Warehouse Box

Post by Laurie »

Move?
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Long story very short - we’re under contract with a developer. This has been a long time coming. It all started December 2001. Anyway, when the city finishes the sewer station upgrade, the developer can get sewer permits to build. Still projected to be summer 2023. Today my plan is to move to the Springfield MO area (where my son & family are). We’ll buy a house with a mother in law suite together. That way I can travel as long as I want without worrying about leaving an empty house. If NZ ever opens to tourists again, I would like to spend a part of the year with Cara and her family -assuming they ever get to go home again!
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

That sounds perfect!
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Pam, your moving plan sounds perfect - and gives you plenty of time to figure out what's worth moving. Although I was lamenting earlier today all the stuff I've purged over the years, as there was something I wished I had now to repurpose for something else.
I concur that Simple Stories have definitely upped their game the past couple of years. I recently came across some papers from one of their earliest collections; I think they were the first with the concept of cut-apart sheets, which I'll admit I didn't quite know what to do with at the time. Then I don't recall paying them much attention for a number of years, but since the introduction of their Simple Vintage collections, I've probably bought something from every season's release.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks for the heads up on the warehouse box Pam! I went and looked, and I love that they actually named the collections that would be in the box. That helps significantly. A surprise is always super fun, but Valentine's Day and Easter collections rarely get used in my scrapbooks, and my years of really using the School Life collection is sort of coming to an end as well.

We've got an eye towards a big move in a few years as well. We're a couple of years behind your plans though. Our target is 2025, after Jake has graduated HS. Rob is totally on board with getting out of this HOA hellhole and into a homestead where we can have sheds and barns and leave our trashcan outside the garage if we want to. And if our nearest neighbor has a dog that likes to yipe incessantly at 5:30am every day, then we'll be several acres away and it won't be like the yiping and barking dogs on the other side of my bedroom wall.

But to that end, we've both recognized the need to stop accumulating things at this place if we're not prepared to move them.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've got to use things I got in past Echo Park boxes before I buy more. :) I've got to save some money and use what I've got.

My Tuesday Morning is helping me save money on craft things.... they simply haven't been getting much of anything in. So it's super easy to not spend.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com