Nyhavn

katymjo

Nyhavn

Post by katymjo »

This is the place with all the harbour-side cafes where you can get a boat trip along the waterways. I hadn't used that Sizzix swirl die for a long time, and then there's the copper-coloured brad! Is anyone using brads these days?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (193.03 KiB) Viewed 98 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (178.34 KiB) Viewed 98 times
pbp908

Re: Nyhavn

Post by pbp908 »

Gorgeous photos! You travel to the most interesting places.

As for the brads - I have a ton of the things even after purging a lot of them. I'm open to suggestions for using them in mass quantities!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Always love seeing your travel photos Kathryn. As for brads, I still have a good number of them as well as eyelets - and do occasionally use them. And I'll go you one better: the other day I used an old Scrapworks Hugz, a round metal ringlet about 1/2" in diameter with prongs that you pushed through the paper and flattened on the back. I used it in a Travelers Notebook to highlight a small section of a busy photo.
I have long lamented the lack of variety in scrapbook embellishments - it seems everything they sell now is some version of paper: printed diecuts, chipboard, stickers, etc. I even recently got some 'faux wood veneers' in a kit - they were chipboard printed to look like woodgrain. I know there are a few exceptions to this, but back in the day we had everything from metal to plastic to leather to fabric to cork; I think the different textures - both visual and tactile - really added interest to our pages.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Those photos are gorgeous! Going there is on my bucket list, so glad to see it in your photos!

As for brads and eyelets, I still have my containers of them from years ago. I haven't used them for quite some time, but every time I think I should get rid of them I end up using some, so they still sit on a shelf.

Keitha,I agree with you about the lack of different textures nowadays! I actually found a couple Etsy shops that I buy wood pieces from for my scrapbooks now, and I still have a vast amount of chipboard. We've gone from super bulky pages ten years ago to almost flat pages with faux dimension and faux texture. It's funny how things swing back and forth over time.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Beautiful photos and nice to see Copenhagen again! I don't remember much of it from 40+ years ago except I think it was rainy and cold.

As for brads, I used a large one recently. One of the light covers on our kitchen fan over the stove was missing its plastic fastener. A large white brad was just right to hold one end of the plastic light cover in place! :lol: :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Gorgeous photos & layout. I’d love to be your travel companion!

I used a few brads recently but have purged most of mine. They do add lovely dimension to layouts though.
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I love travel pages and
what great pages they are!
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois