August 2023 Scrapbook challenge

pamcook

August 2023 Scrapbook challenge

Post by pamcook »

Once again, choose a minimum of 3 elements for your layout.

Mixed media background
Tags
Icons cut from a sheet of patterned paper
Pre-made title
Word/phrase stickers
IMG_1534.jpeg
IMG_1534.jpeg (124.25 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Re: July 2023 Scrapbook challenge

Post by Monica »

Beautiful page!! Did you mean August challenge, by any chance? ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: July 2023 Scrapbook challenge

Post by pamcook »

Yes. Thank you. I’ve been so sick for two weeks now. My brain is lagging.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Re: August 2023 Scrapbook challenge

Post by pugmom »

Pam, I love your page. Will try to get mine done in the next few days.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pugmom wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:59 am Pam, I love your page. Will try to get mine done in the next few days.
Thanks Sue. I’m looking forward to seeing what you create!
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Finally got it done.
Attachments
August challenge.jpg
August challenge.jpg (112.06 KiB) Viewed 305 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That’s beautiful Sue!
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thank you, Pam.
Hope you're feeling better.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Both great pages - and so different considering you worked from the same challenge.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I seriously love Vicki Boutin's papers, but I find them difficult to work with. This one came together surprisingly quickly (for me) - I only shuffled papers and embellishments around for 3 weeks this time! :lol:
Attachments
MacieSummer2.jpg
MacieSummer2.jpg (264.14 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam! It’s adorable. You did a great job with that background paper. I’m pretty sure I have a few sheets of that very paper.
Your paper layers work really well with the background.

I agree that her papers are difficult to use. I should say that I find them difficult to use as well. You know what I mean! When I mix in products from other designers, I tend to like the results better.

Sue - thank you. I’m feeling somewhat better - have stopped bouncing off walls (dizziness is gone) but I still can’t hear out of my right ear. The hearing test (protocol said I had to have one to see the ENT) said - wait for it - I have no hearing in my right ear. I know that my Eustachian tube is blocked and it’s very frustrating to have to wait until 9/26 to see the ENT. “You’re on the waiting list if we get a cancellation”. The weird thing is that I’m starting to get used to it except when I’m in the store or driving. Sorry for the ramble!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pamcook wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:28 pm Pam! It’s adorable. You did a great job with that background paper. I’m pretty sure I have a few sheets of that very paper.

I agree that her papers are difficult to use. I should say that I find them difficult to use as well. You know what I mean! When I mix in products from other designers, I tend to like the results better.

Sue - thank you. I’m feeling somewhat better - have stopped bouncing off walls (dizziness is gone) but I still can’t hear out of my right ear. The hearing test (protocol said I had to have one to see the ENT) said - wait for it - I have no hearing in my right ear. I know that my Eustachian tube is blocked and it’s very frustrating to have to wait until 9/26 to see the ENT. “You’re on the waiting list if we get a cancellation”. The weird thing is that I’m starting to get used to it except when I’m in the store or driving. Sorry for the ramble!
I'm kind of in the same boat. Different issue, same wait for the ENT. I've had a sore throat for weeks (4 and counting) and my voice comes and goes. The referral was supposed to have been sent over about 6 weeks ago, but it slipped through the cracks. I called the ENT and was told that I HAVE to have a referral, so I called my primary back to find out about the missing paperwork. The nurse had the nerve to tell me that she used to work for the ENT and he would not see me because I have nodes near the thyroid and that was my issue. Uh, I may not be a nurse and I'm sure as <bleep> not a doctor, but I do know that there are other issues that can cause the throat problems that I'm having. Strep, tonsilitis, cancer, sinus issues, etc. It was discussed by me and my primary that I wanted to start there to try to pinpoint the issue, and he agreed. It was not her place to tell me what could or could not be done nor was it her place to override a conversation and agreement between me and my physician. Evidently she went back to him and he said get the referral. So I've been cooling my heels for 2 additional weeks and tired of going from a whisper to a voice that sounds like 2 rocks rubbing together to my normal voice.

We'd make a pair - one of us can't talk and the other can't hear well. Maybe we should refresh our ASL???
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

all the pages have been really nice, I'll
have to try to get one done
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:41 pm
pamcook wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:28 pm Pam! It’s adorable. You did a great job with that background paper. I’m pretty sure I have a few sheets of that very paper.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Different issue, same wait for the ENT. I've had a sore throat for weeks (4 and counting) and my voice comes and goes. The referral was supposed to have been sent over about 6 weeks ago, but it slipped through the cracks. I called the ENT and was told that I HAVE to have a referral, so I called my primary back to find out about the missing paperwork. The nurse had the nerve to tell me that she used to work for the ENT and he would not see me because I have nodes near the thyroid and that was my issue. Uh, I may not be a nurse and I'm sure as <bleep> not a doctor, but I do know that there are other issues that can cause the throat problems that I'm having. Strep, tonsilitis, cancer, sinus issues, etc. It was discussed by me and my primary that I wanted to start there to try to pinpoint the issue, and he agreed. It was not her place to tell me what could or could not be done nor was it her place to override a conversation and agreement between me and my physician. Evidently she went back to him and he said get the referral. So I've been cooling my heels for 2 additional weeks and tired of going from a whisper to a voice that sounds like 2 rocks rubbing together to my normal voice.

We'd make a pair - one of us can't talk and the other can't hear well. Maybe we should refresh our ASL???
I certainly felt like I needed to learn ASL - especially in places like the grocery.
Most front desk/scheduling staff have zero medical training and if you watch, you see most clinics and hospitals are replacing licensed nurses with “med techs”. Good on you for standing up!
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

EDelValle wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:04 pm all the pages have been really nice, I'll
have to try to get one done
I’d love to see what you create!
Pam Cook #48