Uh oh.. more debt - didn't happen

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ChristyB

Re: Uh oh.. more debt - didn't happen

Post by ChristyB »

tlscrap wrote:. betcha they call him with what he wants within a few days. The way the car sales are going these days, they might call :)
Agree with this!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Good for him! If you want one with 85K miles, just let me know! :lol:
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

When I met DH he drove a BMW 850 but the his real love, or mistress as I called it, was his Ferrari. Now he has a son and a high maintenance wife so he could only afford to drive a Kia Rio! ROTFL!

Julie,

Given that some dealerships are in such desperate need for customers that they are offering 2-for-1 deals I am surprised that they could not work anything out with DH. Good for him for walking away. You should treat him to something nice for showing such restraint.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

bethrich wrote:Good for him! If you want one with 85K miles, just let me know! :lol:
No thanks, Beth - what I would like though, is for you to report to me in another 85k how fabulous yours is still running. :D
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Well, I have 76K on mine and I love it. I just wish it weren't so messy inside, lol.
carriemck

Re: Uh oh.. more debt

Post by carriemck »

InkPattie wrote:DH got a Mustang convertible just before his 40th birthday :-). I hated that car, because it was so uncomfortable and loud. But every Christmastime, we would let DD bring a friend and we would cruise around town (this is South Florida after all) with the top down, listening to Christmas music, singing loudly,and looking at Christmas lights. It was DD's favorite Christmas tradition! Of course, we would stop for Starbucks hot cocoa and snacks for the girls, and all that sort of thing. Good memories...

DH finally sold the car when he got tired of not being able to listen to his beloved classical music in the car; you just couldn't hear it! But we always got great service when we did valet parking--all the young guys love to park your Mustang!
I have a 2003 Mustange convertible, bright yellow with a black room, and I got it just after my 40th birthday. The car will be paid off this summer and then DH can get a new car for himself. I LOVE my baby car, i keep the top down all summer, music blasting, road trips to anywhere anyone wants to go. I adore it!! My license plate is ZONKERZ, after a snack popcorn toffee thing in the 702, Screaming Yellow Zonkers. It was my fave snack as a kid and Zonkerz is the car I waited my whole life to own. TOTALLY impractical for our messy Wisconsin winters, but glorious the rest of the year!
nancine

Post by nancine »

[quote="paddlegal"]I love this conversation.

Julie, DH and I have been married nearly 23 years and I'll have to list them but I think we've had that many cars too. DH loves to buy and sell cars so I've never become too attached to any of them.
[quote]

that sounds almost like our house - and we've been married nearly 30 years! The worst decision he ever made was getting a Suburban, we only had that for one year - however the 6th grade teachers who did lots of field trips loved me! Since I have no kids at home now I drive a 2 dr. supercharged SS Monte Carlo.. black... can you say Dale Earnhardt? :twisted: And surprisingly my DH has fallen in love with his 98 Chevy truck and I can't imagine he'll sell it any time soon.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

DH loves his Ford F350, and I love my Expedition. We both hated filling up when gas was so high. Unfortunately, I'm big and so's the rest of my family. I'm 6', Chris is 6'9" and Jim is 6'4". DH is just rotund. (God - just call us the Fuller family. LOL.) I have to have something that's big enough to put those boys in the back of. Poor Chris can't drive my Expedition comfortably - I don't know what he's going to end up in eventually.

BTW - One of the cars that I learned to drive in was a '66 Mustang convertible - 4 speed, lemon yellow with black interior. My sister traded in her '65 1/2 for it. My favorite car of all time was a '69 Austin Healy Sprite rag top - cherry red. Dual carbs that nobody around here could sync so it backfired a lot. I loved that car.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

pbp908 wrote:DH loves his Ford F350, and I love my Expedition. We both hated filling up when gas was so high. Unfortunately, I'm big and so's the rest of my family. I'm 6', Chris is 6'9" and Jim is 6'4". DH is just rotund. (God - just call us the Fuller family. LOL.) I have to have something that's big enough to put those boys in the back of. Poor Chris can't drive my Expedition comfortably - I don't know what he's going to end up in eventually.

BTW - One of the cars that I learned to drive in was a '66 Mustang convertible - 4 speed, lemon yellow with black interior. My sister traded in her '65 1/2 for it. My favorite car of all time was a '69 Austin Healy Sprite rag top - cherry red. Dual carbs that nobody around here could sync so it backfired a lot. I loved that car.

Pam
sounds like a coool car :clap:

Paula
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

it's amazing how many of us have or have had mustangs!! When I was 17, I had a 69 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland engine in it...it was light yellow with a black stripe going across the top and black interior. It didn't have A/C but, I usually drove so fast with the windows down that it didn't matter!! hmmm...got my first speeding ticket in that little car! :mrgreen:
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Since I have no kids at home now I drive a 2 dr. supercharged SS Monte Carlo.. black... can you say Dale Earnhardt? :twisted: And surprisingly my DH has fallen in love with his 98 Chevy truck and I can't imagine he'll sell it any time soon.[/quote]

That's too funny! My husband wanted that car sooooo bad, he's a MAJOR DE fan and DE jr. now, but he never got it..... He finally got his dream truck in 2005, Dodge Ram with a Hemi.... can you say GAS GUZZLER!! I travel so much for my job I went with the new Toyota Yaris! and LOVE IT!!! 40 mpg's are great!!!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio