New digi scrapping tool

jfugina

New digi scrapping tool

Post by jfugina »

I took a big ol' plunge a week ago, and I ordered myself a shiny new laptop, complete with PSE7 pre-installed. I had it shipped to work, since it needs to be signed for, and wouldn't you know - the tracking says it's due to be delivered tomorrow. Good thing we've got operators here 24/7. But I guess that means I'll be trekking out here tomorrow to fetch it - I'll be damned if I'm going to let that thing sit in the box for the better part of a weekend when I could be playing. :-)

I'm excited. I still intend to do some paper scrapping, but I can't really do that anywhere but my craft room, which means waiting until the kids are in bed, or hauling a mess all over the house. I'm hoping that this will let me scrap a little bit while they're awake. They don't need me to be participating all the time - but they don't really like it much when I hide from them in my scrap room. So this should be the best of all worlds.

All these years as a software developer, and this is my very first laptop. I'm excited. I never wanted one before, but that's probably because until now, I viewed it as a tether to work, rather than a scrap tool.

WooHoo! This will be one trip to work on a Saturday that I won't mind. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChrisR

Re: New digi scrapping tool

Post by ChrisR »

Whatever you do, don't show the kids cool stuff they can do on the laptop. I was using an old laptop that Jim wasn't using, just to surf the web when I was downstairs with the kids. Jim showed Scottie a train video on youtube. Now the moment I get on it..."TRAIN!!!!" Sigh. I don't even bother any more.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

LOL Chris! I had a HUGE problem making my Disney album for that very reason. Jake walked into my craft room one weekend when I was working on the page that had the photos of Mater and Lightning McQueen. BIG BIG mistake! Every time he comes into my craft room now, if I'm at my PC, he will throw a tantrum, and I mean the full-out on the floor fit, if I don't find those pictures back.

Nicole has her own computer, and has been led to believe that my computer doesn't have any of the things that her computer has (which would include all things found on the web). With Jake, I'll just have to get in the habit of closing the laptop if he even starts to approach. :-) I know I'm a mean mommy for not letting him see what I'm up to, but this thing will be coming out of my scrap budget for MONTHS, and I don't want him drooling on it several times a week. LOL.
Julie Fugina
Luly

Post by Luly »

That is so exciting Julie! I have a laptop and honestly take it everywhere I go. It is my scrapping link Imagewhen I have to leave home. I even carry around my external hard drive with all my photos and digi kits.. A lot of fun and I hope you enjoy your new found untethered freedom!Image
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, 2 keys, Windows-L
:lol:

And congratulations on your new toy!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Woo hoo for you! I am on my 3rd, and I hate going without one every time one dies. Mine are all cast-offs from DH's work (He's the head of IT among other things), so we haven't paid for any of them, but it's still wrenching when a harddrive dies and I have to wait until another one gets surplussed out. Have fun!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Congratulations!!! I would be extremely upset if my laptop died and I couldn't use it. Hubby has one with almost the same abilities, but not the same software. I take it to crops, because i don't have to carry all the tools and paper. It's great.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Yea!! Isn't it exciting when you get a new toy! And you'll love the laptop! I love the thought that I can pick up my scrapbooking/cardmaking/picturekeeping/painting acquiring/shopping/billpaying/journalkeeping/etc. toy and take it anywhere!!!

Congrats!! :greenbounce:
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Well, I'd love to be reporting to you all about how great it is to be untethered, and scrapping wherever the kids happen to be playing, but alas, I'm down in my scrap room. Even thought I had it shipped to work because there's someone there 24/7, the FedEx HOME guy saw that it was a business that didn't look open, so it wasn't delivered. What's worse, is that since FedEx HOME works on Saturday, that means they take Monday off instead. The next attempt won't be made until Tuesday.

:angry42:

Oh well, I guess maybe instead the laundry will get done before midnight on Sunday. And maybe I'll try to read up on how to actually use the organizer rather than trial and error and just get frustrated.
Julie Fugina
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Julie, that is SOOO annoying! He should have tried, silly delivery person! I'd call and complain. It won't get you your laptop any sooner, but at least you'll let him know you are irritated that he didn't even try!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Bummer--I hate having to wait for things like that--when you know they are so close!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

That is just awful!! I have no patience! I'd be going nuts! But, at least you have something to look forward to on Tuesday.... :anyone:
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Luly

Post by Luly »

Not exactly the same thing but a few days ago I was waiting for a lost FedEx package. I was so excited to finally be getting some CS paper...

I completely understand, super frustrating. I hope Tuesday comes quickly for you.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I did call and complain. I felt a little better, but I'm going to be going nuts at work tomorrow. She (customer service gal) said that it's possible that once they saw that it was a business, that they might switch it to regular ground so that it could be delivered on Monday, but I'm not holding my breath.

In either case, it should be here in time for Thursday, when I'll be taking the day off to babysit a flooring installation. I should have ALL DAY to play. WooHoo!

By the way - LULY!!!! I LOVE the new siggie!
Julie Fugina