New Laptop

jfugina

New Laptop

Post by jfugina »

Yeah! My new laptop arrived at work today. Woohoo! I got it powered up and verified that it had PSE on it like I ordered. But since I was at work I didn't do much else. Unfortunately, I have no idea when I'll get to do much playing. Hopefully Thursday.

Tonight, Nicole has a girl scout meeting. Rob has to do some server upgrade stuff after we get home, so I'm babysitting. And Nicole has a book report due.

Tomorrow night my mom is picking up the kids from daycare and we're going to close on a re-fi on our house (some debt consolidation from some bad bull market behavior on our part). Then we go to Home Depot to pick up a countertop and sink. Maybe even a dishwasher. (can you say cash-out?)

Thursday I'm staying home from work to babysit a flooring job, so that has some possibilities, but I haven't shopped for a BD gift for Nicole yet and her party is Saturday. Thursday night Rob has CERT class, and the kids and I need to go order Nicole a BD cake and pick out a gift for another kid who's party is Sunday.

Friday night, we're installing cabinets, countertop and sink, in an effort to have the basement somewhat put back together before Nicole's birthday party #2 happens Saturday night.

Sunday is another birthday party, and clean-up from Saturday evenings party, and laundry. And PAO doll. She's in my head, but she's not even begun to materialize. She will materialize on Sunday, if not sooner.

Monday night is gymnastics.

Maybe Tuesday I can play. What a minute! Did I just lose an entire week??? Yep, I think I did.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Re: New Laptop

Post by ChristyB »

your making me tired just reading your to do list.
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

You are a troop leader, I take it, so dropping her off and playing with the laptop during the scout meeting isn't an option. :?

There's GOT to be some time in the week for laptop fun. Teach your daughter how to sort laundry... Or something.

Do you have to drive to the re-fi and Home Depot? Laptops work really well when you are a passenger.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Aw Julie-- I thought of you today and wanted a report on how you like your new toy. :lol:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

LadyJaine wrote:You are a troop leader, I take it, so dropping her off and playing with the laptop during the scout meeting isn't an option. :?

There's GOT to be some time in the week for laptop fun. Teach your daughter how to sort laundry... Or something.

Do you have to drive to the re-fi and Home Depot? Laptops work really well when you are a passenger.
No, not a leader, but with the Daisys (5-6yos), the moms always stay for the whole meeting.

After the kids were in bed, we did manage to get both the wired and the wireless networks working in the house. I don't have any kind of wireless network provider for outside the house, so taking it with me anywhere really doesn't do much for me. The fact that it's portable within the house is really what I'm after. The wired connection is about 10x faster than wireless, but we have jacks in nearly every room in the house, so that's not an issue.

Past getting the network connections working, I was beat. I made a few tags in the PSE organizer, and started bringing in digi kits that I'd fully unzipped and started the tagging process. That's going to take a while. Vista has some issue with zip files, and I'm having trouble getting them extracted, so I'll need to go to my XP PC to get that part done. I definitely get the feeling that this is going to be hours and hours of work to get these files organized, but it should be worth it.

Next week should be back to some reasonable amount of normal. Then the week after that, I'm taking a vacation week to get the house ready for wedding guests and be generally available to the bride, do airport runs, and get the programs for the ceremony made up. And somewhere in there I plan on working in a pedicure. :-) Nicole is on spring break that week, but she is SOOO going to day care. LOL.
Julie Fugina
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

You weren't kidding when you told us you were going to have a busy year!
Hang in there! Find some Julie time! The laptop sounds awesome. I do love mine.
Cathy:)
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Well, mortgage broker guy called this morning and said everything was ready and wanted to know if we could swing by over lunch to close (yeah - we've re-fi'd with this guy enough times by now that we've got it down to a "swing by" kind of deal). So we did that, which means we should be able to get home that much sooner tonight. That's a very happy thought.

I doubt I'll get much playing done tonight, because we still have some stuff to move for the flooring job tomorrow, but I am definitely going to work in some time to play tomorrow while I'm home. Though I think PAO dolly needs to materialize before I feel completely OK spending the day on the laptop. :angel:
Julie Fugina