Meet My Paper Trimmer

Save some $ Find out what works
Luly

Meet My Paper Trimmer

Post by Luly »

Meet my new toy. After almost hacking off my thumb with my guillotine paper trimmer I decided it was time for a change. I had searched high and low and finally settled on this one. It is a Dahle 550 Professional Trimmer. Got it on ebay for a steal and it cuts up to 20 pages at a time. AND, no missing fingers. It has a rotary blade that is completely encased with an automatic paper holder thingy, is self sharpening and cuts in either direction. Needless to say I am thrilled and ready to start cutting some serious paper!
Attachments
100_0610.JPG
100_0610.JPG (61.34 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Paula

Re: Meet My Paper Trimmer

Post by Paula »

Wow, you go girl, you mean business with that thing! :lol: :lol: Let us know how it works, okay?

Paula
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Now THAT looks awesome! I've never had a large guillotine trimmer, but I've nearly done enough damage with my CM personal trimmer that I knew a 12" version would be a bad bad thing. I still have the same Fiskars 12" rotary trimmer I purchased nearly 10 years ago. It's not as heavy-duty as that beast though. If that thing can really cut 20 sheets at a time (or at least 5 sheets of cardstock), I'd say it's a definite winner!

I'm anxious to hear how you feel about it after you've used it a bunch. I've never been tempted by a Tonic, but I've always got my eyes open for a nicer rotary cutter.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

YOU GO GIRL! CUT AND CUT AWAY! :greenbounce:
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

That looks awesome.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

jfugina wrote:
I'm anxious to hear how you feel about it after you've used it a bunch. I've never been tempted by a Tonic, but I've always got my eyes open for a nicer rotary cutter.

Me too!
No guillotine cutters here, I let all 3 girls use my trimmer and that would just be a recipe for disaster. On the other hand I shell out money right and left for new blades seeing as we go through so many a month.
I would love a heavy duty cutter that never needs sharpening
tichwoli

Post by tichwoli »

Congratulations on your new toy. I have a very large one of these which I have been using for years. You will love this.
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Keep us posted on how it works.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've been using my Carl rotary trimmer for about 10 years now. The blades are amazing - but it's time to replace that little strip below where the blade cuts once again (how's that for a description?). The thing I love most about a rotary cutter is that it can stay on the keyboard tray and I just pull the tray out to cut and then push the tray back out of the way. So when you see me grabbing the edge of the table when I'm scrapbooking anywhere else, it's out of habit!
I have a Tonic that I travel with and it unnerves me - I know how sharp that blade is! It stays packed away at all other times.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Looks like a super tool to have, Luly...but I'm still a guillotine junky....I have cut some serious stuff with that thing, including the very heavy type book board....then again, I don't have kids nor have I (yet) nearly cut a digit off! Closest I've come is to trim a few fingernails!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Luly that looks like a really smart buy. Any time you can use an industrial/commercial tool you are a step ahead. Have fun with it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Wow, that looks powerful. How's it working out?
Luly

Post by Luly »

I used it and it is better than imagined. No loud noises, no fear of loosing an appendage AND it cuts beautifully!

I've never had a rotary trimmer but I must say that I should have done this years ago!

:cool5:

I don't know how I managed without it.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

That trimmer just screams serious business! Glad you are enjoying your new toy. I like my Carl rotary but dont like that it cant cut anything thick. I've been debating a Tonic.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Now THAT'S a cutter!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio