Remembering Login

Notes to and from the paowers that be
mpizzazz

Remembering Login

Post by mpizzazz »

Every time I sign in, I click the auto sign in box but it doesn't remember me the next time. Is it just me, is it working for everyone else? Is there anything I should disable to allow it?

Thanks!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ClareH

Re: Remembering Login

Post by ClareH »

mine works...
but then I told it to remember me the first time I came...sorry can't help you any more than this
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Mine remembers me too, then again I rarely turn my machine off.

Perhaps you have cookies disabled on your computer? I dont know how to enable them, but that might be it?
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Every time you dump history or cookies (temporary internet files) it removes the login information. You're doing the housekeeping on your computer (which you should) and it kills anything stored such as logins. Your answer - get a Mac. They remember even when you clean out the history. LOL.

Pam (I loooove my Mac)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have to log in every time too - but that was because the first time firefox asked if *it* should remember my password, I told it no. So since I have firefox to clear out everything when I close it down (except for passwords), it clears my session login. If I had allowed firefox to remember it, I would have been fine. I can change it - I just haven't gotten around to it.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I have to login every time too. I told it to remember but it doesn't. I use IE.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Could be the level of security or if cookies are disabled. You can check by clicking on Tools, then Internet Options
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I checked the security and it is on medium. I never know what those things about third party, etc. mean on those different levels of security.
I will check some more in Internet Options.
I'm thinking of making PAO my home page anyway so that should get around the problem.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

This thread is intruguing because I never had this problem with the other CS chat board or with this one so far, but I DO have this happen with the new community board and it's only on this PC. It remembers me at work, but not at home.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Well I am so glad it works for me.. Problem is it didn't work for me on my new blog, and my memory doesn't work either, so I haven't been able to add to it.