Augh!!! Glimmer Mist help needed.....

Save some $ Find out what works
gwendols

Augh!!! Glimmer Mist help needed.....

Post by gwendols »

Augh!!! Ok, I have a love/hate relationship with my Glimmer Mists. Love using them and how they look, HATE it when they get clogged up and don't work!!! I am currently in the hate part of this relationship. I was told a few months ago not to shake them hard when trying to get the glimmer stuff stirred, but to gently do it and I also read somewhere to try and use an air can to unblock it. I've been doing that today, but it only seems to work for a few uses and then it clogs again. Any ideas? :anyone:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
julierealtor

Re: Augh!!! Glimmer Mist help needed.....

Post by julierealtor »

Gwen, did you remove the cap and completely clean the head and tube? I agree...I make my own and clogging is always a problem..
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

i don't shake mine now that I've seen how the inventor does it...she taps the bottom of the bottle on her palm in an up and down motion until the sediment is all mixed in...i have one that is really clogged, otherwise wiping the spray nozzle with warm water has usually worked for me.
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Thanks guys!!! Julie - I was doing a little bit of both (trying to clean/use the air can). I went back again after you suggested it and once I took the spray cap off, rinsed really good and also used the air can, it seemed to work. :)

Ruth Ann - I think the way you explained it is the way the woman at the craft store explained it to me. Kind of a combo of swishing the bottle and tapping the bottom.

I finished using them for what I was making, so that makes me happy. Thanks for your help with this!!! :creating:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That just happened to me yesterday and I took the sprayer thingie out of the bottle and ran hot water through it then put it in a coffee cup and tried to squirt it and it worked better than it ever had!
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Debbie J wrote:That just happened to me yesterday and I took the sprayer thingie out of the bottle and ran hot water through it then put it in a coffee cup and tried to squirt it and it worked better than it ever had!
Debbie - that is exactly what I do. Mine are always clogging up. When I want to use one, I do one test spray (one in 20 times it works). If it splats - it comes apart for a good cleaning.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

That is why I don't use them. I get tired of it always clogging then spurting out.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
rinda

Post by rinda »

Wow! So glad you posted this thread. I thought I was the only one who had problems - LOL! I only have a few, but I do love the look. Will change my mixing technique and will wash off the ones that are clogged. Thanks for the info.
Rinda