Taking a poll...

julierealtor

Taking a poll...

Post by julierealtor »

Not really a poll...just gathering ideas. Of all the paper craft related items you have made and given as gifts, which do you think were favorites?

In the past I have made perfect bound note pads for the agents in my office with little quips on each page (used as a quick jot note) that were well received. Bookmarks and magnets are always a hit...cards also in the accordian file boxes.

:anyone:
troublesmom

Re: Taking a poll...

Post by troublesmom »

Several times I have covered notebooks for my daughters-in-law and made matching beaded pens to go with them. They do always go well - I had even gotten some small mini calendars that I put inside the note book so they always had the current date. I also have done a lot of the glass Christmas Tree ornaments - using dye ink refills and then glitter inside the balls and add some fancy organdy ribbon. I still have lot of ornaments and will probably make more of them this year. Another thing is the Microscope slide ornaments they aren't too very time consuming and look great.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks for the ideas Cheryl...maybe I'll get out the microscope slides that I have never used, but HAD to have...
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

The cards in the accordian files or make some drop spine boxes and fill with all occasion cards.
I also like making small books that people can just throw in their purses as notepads.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Now there is where the BIA would really come in handy.
ChristyB wrote: I also like making small books that people can just throw in their purses as notepads.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
djenns

Post by djenns »

I love making little books - what I want to know - when you make them for others, do you just leave the pages blank?

Diana
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

it depends. Sometimes I fill with quotes or pictures. Sometimes blank so they can use as they want
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

For a long time I stayed away from making projects because I knew it would just put further back in my scrapbooking. However, the past few months that is all I have done. Of the few projects I have made the butterfly frame art was my favorite ( http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... =13&t=3809). Although easy to make not something you would want to make a whole bunch of. So this year I am going to make those adorable paper shoe ornaments DonnaK showed us last year. Here is the link to that thread. http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... f=29&t=123
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

The only hand-crafted paper gift I've ever made was a collection of cards. I made a big batch of coordinating cards, and a separate batch of stamped sentiments that I ran through the xyron. I included way more sentiments than cards, so that if the recipient only did birthdays, they could use each card as a birthday card. There were some anniversary, sympathy, miss you, and general celebrate sentiments in the batch as well.

This year, I'm thinking that I'm going to do calendars. I've got some digi calendar templates for 2010 that are brag book sized. I'm thinking that if I could get a BIA *before* christmas ;) that I could pump out several little purse-sized or desktop sized gifts. But that's still in the thinking stage.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

jfugina wrote:I'm thinking that if I could get a BIA *before* christmas ;) that I could pump out several little purse-sized or desktop sized gifts. But that's still in the thinking stage.
A Hobby Lobby coupon gets you a BIA at a nice price! I got one a few months back. It's fun. :)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

pat-czap wrote:
jfugina wrote:I'm thinking that if I could get a BIA *before* christmas ;) that I could pump out several little purse-sized or desktop sized gifts. But that's still in the thinking stage.
A Hobby Lobby coupon gets you a BIA at a nice price! I got one a few months back. It's fun. :)

i got one at hobby lobby too!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Don't have a hobby lobby anywhere near me. I guess I could do an on line order couldn't I.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

I really had fun making 8x8 albums from scratch last year for my cousins girls for Christmas. They both had brand new rooms so I used the wall colors as the palette for each! I gave them to them empty so they could put their own finished scrapbook pages in them.