Cricut and vellum

Yoli

Cricut and vellum

Post by Yoli »

Trying to use my Cricut to cut a blackout on vellum of a snowflake. I've tried several settings . . . ruined several pieces of vellum . . . but still no luck. Either the paper tears or it never cuts.

I've tried a variety of settings setting either one or both dials (pressure and speed) at low & med. The blade is old so it has a #6 setting. I've read that somehow the vellum dulls blades faster so I am hesitant to use my new blade. I do have the deep blade but I fear that would only tear the vellum even more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Making these cut snowflake ornaments for a swap but don't wish to cut out the snowflake by hand.
flojo

Re: Cricut and vellum

Post by flojo »

Yoli, I emailed Joy over at CS forum and this is her reply.

Hi Lynn!

I have a chart and it shows to have the blade at 4, speed at 3 (or slower), pressure at 4. If it is intricate at all, go slower! Also, use a new blade with a material like that so it doesn't snag.

I hope this helps!

Take care,
Joy Tracey
Visit my blog at: www.obsessedwithscrapbooking.blogspot.com & www.cricutchristmas.blogspot.com
Yoli

Re: Cricut and vellum

Post by Yoli »

You are awesome! I had sent her a private email as well. She is the Cricut goddess! I shall try the combination tonight. Wish me luck!