Disaster Worthy?

LadyJaine

Disaster Worthy?

Post by LadyJaine »

For those that follow the blog Photoshop Disasters, I offer this question.

I just got a digital scrapping kit from Lorie Davison. in it, she gives some elements that have no shadows and the same element with a drop shadow added. Only, she hasn't got the shadow going in the direction that matches the light. The light is from the front, and the shadow falls to the front.

Should I submit this to Photoshop Disasters or not?
pamcook

Re: Disaster Worthy?

Post by pamcook »

Hm. I think I would point it out to whoever created it first so she could make corrections.
Is the site just for amusement purposes? I'd be pretty embarassed to find something I created there...
Pam Cook #48
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Photoshop Disasters made national news in October, in a reaction to a posting where they made fun of a Ralph Lauren ad where the model had been Photoshopped badly, so her hips were smaller than her head. PsD was told to remove the posting, but Boing Boingput it up for all to see. Ralph Lauren ended up making a public apology for the artwork. PsD makes fun of professional works, not private ones.

The amount of explaining it would take to get a piece of a digital scrapbook kit onto PSD is enough to make it useless for me to submit it. And the fact that I had to purchase it before I could look at it is another deterrent. Most submissions are ads, or magazine covers.

But really? Deliberately added shadows that go the wrong direction? And I paid for that? Not good. Lori's got a huge design team. Isn't stuff like that their job? It looks like they just created layouts that showcased the elements in return for a free kit.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That ad was pretty bad, wasn't it?
I'm going to bow out - I know so little about digital I embarass myself! LOL!
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

That sucks to pay for badly done elements! I need to check out that site -- I mean PS Disasters.