Tag Supplies Cost-Yikes!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
InkPattie

Re: Tag Supplies Cost-Yikes!

Post by InkPattie »

pbp908 wrote:I'd love to order some things, but right now I just can't justify it. Maybe if I request nothing but Tim things for Christmas? I did check on the muffler tape and what they have locally isn't any wider than the tape that I already have. Got to figure out how to double it without a bad seam showing.
If you have his little stapler, or even a big stapler, those little x stitches are a really cute way to "stitch" together pieces of metal, fake or real. So why not use your muffler tape in patches to cover different word groupings, and then stitch them together with a stapler? Seams would be GOOD in this case, right?
Monica

Post by Monica »

Wow. I don't want to know how much I've spent over the last 3 years on Tim stuff.... I'll just live in blissful ignorance!!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

If you have his little stapler, or even a big stapler, those little x stitches are a really cute way to "stitch" together pieces of metal, fake or real. So why not use your muffler tape in patches to cover different word groupings, and then stitch them together with a stapler? Seams would be GOOD in this case, right?[/quote]

I used duct tape for another tag and cut the pieces to correspond with the rectangles around the words that would be different colors. It should work to use any tape like that in a colorblocking design. I will post the tag in my Tag Topic later.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Wowzer!!! I have some "Tim Things" but I'm soooooooo glad I've been improvising. BTW - even without Tim, I suspect my husband knows how much is invested in my "craft" room, although I'll never admit it.