When Did You Switch?

LadyJaine

When Did You Switch?

Post by LadyJaine »

I made the switch to digital in April of 2009. It wasn't a complete switch, I still enjoy doing things with paper, but that would be when I started digital in earnest.

So when did you switch on the computer to scrap?
katymjo

Re: When Did You Switch?

Post by katymjo »

I switched on the computer to scrap on December 26th 2009. My daughter gave me the "Digital Scrapbook Artist" program for Christmas, and we just had to play with it!!
Kathryn.
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

ran out of room & money for all the stuff.. computer holds more and cost less.. .at least I think it does..LOL
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I haven't made a permanent switch either. But I started with one of the PSLs in '08. I did a few random pages in '08 after the PSL, and then did our entire vacation album as digi in January '09. I'm still not completely converted though - I have too many ALSBs to just discard them. So I'm trying to use those up and do some digi as well.

Eventually, I'd like to go full digi and print out entire albums rather than just random 12x12s. But I won't feel comfortable doing that while my ALSB and other paper stash is still so crazy huge.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

jfugina wrote:Eventually, I'd like to go full digi and print out entire albums rather than just random 12x12s. But I won't feel comfortable doing that while my ALSB and other paper stash is still so crazy huge.
Yeah, I heard that! My paper stash isn't as huge as I think it is, but it's big enough. I've been making regular dents in it with paper projects, though. A big part of my stash is the embellies! I've got heaps of those, all neatly filed away but I tend not to use them, or to use the same ones again and again. Basic Gray velvet flowers? I'm there. Stickers? Not so much.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I totally need to just bite the bullet and give away all of my stickers. I'd gain a fair amount of space in the craft room that way. But I keep thinking I'll find a purpose for them at some point. Yeah, right. :roll:
Julie Fugina
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

I haven't gone all digi but I started back in 2007 when I got my iScrapbook software.
Paula

Post by Paula »

jfugina wrote:I totally need to just bite the bullet and give away all of my stickers. I'd gain a fair amount of space in the craft room that way. But I keep thinking I'll find a purpose for them at some point. Yeah, right. :roll:
I won't work Julie. I went through all of my stickers about a year ago. Now I have a section of stickers to use, AND a contiainer of stickers to give away----------------maybe. So-----they are sorted, but I just can't get rid of them :anyone:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Awe, dang. You were supposed to say "Just do it! Get them gone!" :lol: Instead I find myself among kindred spirits, knowing that I am not alone in my hoarding...
Julie Fugina
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

After years of hoarding embroidery floss, I read just this morning about a local group of women who make 50 quilts a year to give to folks who need warm coverings for their beds. At the end of the article, they asked for donations of embroidery floss for tying the quilts. While I'm not getting rid of every bit of floss, I've spent a part of today going through my collection and pulling out all of the duplicates. It will fill a gallon sized Zip-loc baggie.

I've long known that giving my unused items to nursing homes or schools in my area simply fills cupboards with unused stuff. These ladies will more than likely use the floss I've donated. I've heard also that donating to victims of disasters that destroy homes, like wild fires or floods, is when the donations are going to women who will USE what is donated and are happy to get every and any thing that is offered.

I've long thought, that were I ever to be a victim of such a disaster, I'd take a pass on accepting such donations, knowing that people who are not as well insured as I am would need the assistance more. My ex lived through a flood, and he said that though they were insured, they accepted the Red Cross donation towards new mattresses and bed linens, because the insurance check took weeks to arrive. The other problem they had was getting the laundry done. He was living in an apartment complex and the washers were full for months. By the time they could get to the washers, many things were ruined.

That Loads of Hope thing from Tide? I support it. A lot.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

You make a very good point Jean. I tend to be more diligent about taking our outgrown/outdated clothing to the drop boxes they have up at the school than I am about anything else. It always seems like clothing that's still in decent shape will go to better use than some of the other junk I could stand to get rid of.
Julie Fugina