Unmounting Wood Mounts

bethrich

Unmounting Wood Mounts

Post by bethrich »

Has anyone unmounted their wood mounts? I'm thinking about doing that and would really appreciate some input on that.
troublesmom

Re: Unmounting Wood Mounts

Post by troublesmom »

I know that Laurie B did it. I can find out how to do it tomorrow as I've been thinking about it myself. Now that SU is doing stamps with acrylic blocks.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It's been many years ago that I unmounted most of my wood stamps. Many will peel right off the wood but some need a little time in the microwave to loosen the glue. If I had it to do again, I would get rid of the foam cushion as well and just keep the rubber. Some of that foam stays so sticky that it is hard to take on and off of an acrylic block. Also it tends to peel off unevenly and some sticks to the block. I would get rid of it right away so you don't have to mess with it later.
I did leave all my CS stamps mounted so I don't know how easy they are to unmount.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes, stick them in the microwave for a few seconds (10 seconds or less). A lot of people have done that so you might find more specifics on google.
If anyone has them (and would like to RAK them...), I could use about 10 that are about 3 x 4 inches.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote:If anyone has them (and would like to RAK them...), I could use about 10 that are about 3 x 4 inches.
:hijack:
what are you doing with them???? inquiring minds want to know
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm going to make a nativity set for Mia. You make the characters out of felt and glue them onto the blocks. The one I saw was on pieces of 2 x 4 but I think the stamp blocks would already have such a nice finish. I'll have to dig through my stash to see if I have one I can use and post it.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote:I'm going to make a nativity set for Mia. You make the characters out of felt and glue them onto the blocks. The one I saw was on pieces of 2 x 4 but I think the stamp blocks would already have such a nice finish. I'll have to dig through my stash to see if I have one I can use and post it.

My parents made one of these when Shai was little. My dad did all the wood cutting and mom did all the felt parts. They still play with it. Though I don't know--making a tower out of baby Jesus ,Mary & the donkeys is sacraligious -is it?
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Marianne, I think that unmounting everything that is NOT CS is a wonderful idea. That would probably get the rest of my WMs down to a manageable size. Thanks for that idea.

Pam C, I'll have plenty of wood blocks for you. ;)
Can you wait until Recreate? Otherwise I'm thinking we could connect on any Saturday morning when I go to Jenny Craig at Southpoint.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

March is fine! Thank you!
Pam Cook #48