Digi Kit Sale at CS-Question for the Experts

mpizzazz

Digi Kit Sale at CS-Question for the Experts

Post by mpizzazz »

Question for you digi scrappers:
When CS does a digi sale does that mean they are about to chop some of the older kits? There are some from last year that I really want, is this the time to buy??
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Re: Digi Kit Sale at CS-Question for the Experts

Post by jfugina »

I doubt it. They have nothing to gain by taking the digi kits down, unless they plan to re-do the exact same kit with more/less/different stuff. As far as I can know, they only took down their original digi kits because they didn't really go with the flow of what they're doing now.

Though if there's something you've had your eye on, you might as well grab it at a sale price. :mrgreen:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

They only seem to keep things about a year old, so I would think they might be dropping things that are before April 09; possible all the way through 09, since that is when they changed format.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's a good point. Changing formats is what caused them to dump a bunch of stuff before.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Since we're asking questions about the CS digi kits, I have one for those of you who use it. I was getting the HA version of digi last year (in a futile attempt to stay a member at a low cost and not get more paper supplies ;) ), and I really liked all the goodies that I received timed with the 3 kits each month. Since the change in January, I feel as if the amount of what I get with a digi kit isn't nearly what it was. I also don't like that the digi rap is available to all, simply because the Raps for the paper kits aren't either... unless you purchase them. I do realize that from their perspective this probably boiled down to time and money, as well as getting more people hooked into the digital side of things. I dropped digi as of March, and am simply Sr again (since I kept GHMing it anyway). Opinions??

Monica

Oh, and I love how they went on sale the day after I decided I needed the PSL digi kit and bought it! :angry42:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I have been digi only for just over a year now. I was very disappointed in the change of format, but that hasn't stopped me from getting the digi; I just can't afford to get a paper kit right now, although I do ghm about 2-3 times a year just to get my hands on some paper!!!! you all know how it is. My digi purchase now, is simply for the images and templates. The digi bgs are nice, but I would still rather have an image of the paper. I can make digi backgrounds myself. The digi subscription is less than $10 a month and that keeps my member status and gives me all the images and lately we've been getting some nice frame clusters so I'm happier than I was at the start of the year. Don't know if I helped at all, but that's MHO!!!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Monica, It is a lot less stuff than we got with HA, but the price has also dropped. They did get off to a rough start with the format change, but I think they have improved it. I'm pretty much in it just to keep my CS membership. I really want to see them bring back the beautiful CS papers in digi format, but don't have high hopes. I ended up ordering the Simply Avant paper kit and feeling really annoyed that the digi kit was nowhere near the same design.

IMHO Scrapper's Guide Premier is a much better digi value for the money. The SG quick drop pages are much more useful and the tutorials are wonderful.

Marianne, I also can believe they might be dropping the old format kits. Go for it and get them on sale if you want them.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thanks for the opinions, ladies! Beth, I do get the Scrapper's Guide as well... and I really should start using all the digi stuff I seem to be collecting! Lolz! Need to find that book on PSE7 and start playing with it again..... in my spare time.... ;)

BTW, if you guys aren't already getting the e-mails for this place, you should! I get some cool free digi stuff from here: http://www.digitalfreebies.com/

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'll chime in with my opinion, for what it's worth. If there are kits you want, especially the older ones, I'd go ahead and get them. It looks like they don't keep kits much beyond a year anyway. I joined digi because the kits over the past year have been far and away much prettier than the previous year. I like most of what I'm getting and it keeps the door open for GHM discounts, but their kits just are not matching my style. I have to add overlays and grab embellies from other sources, so there are times I'm not sure that I'm getting value for the money, but it's only a six month membership, so what the heck.

I will say there's a world of free digital out there that's gorgeous - 99% of what I post is done with freebies. And there are other options for kits that give a lot of bang for your buck, such as Scrap Girls and the club that Beth likes.

Sorry, guess I've just muddied the waters pretty good. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com