What is Your Setup?

LadyJaine

What is Your Setup?

Post by LadyJaine »

Gaahh! I'm using a Dell XPS M1710 laptop (lotsa processor, not a lot of hard drive) with a 17" monitor. I'm also using a second 22" flat panel monitor and a Wacom tablet. Because my internal hard drive is so small, I also use an EHD. That's the hardware.

For software, I'm running Windows XP Pro and I've got Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended. I have the Cricut Design Studio and I don't use it very much.

In my dreams, I move to a Dell desktop with lots and lots of processor, a video card that lets me hook up to one of our TVs instead of just this flat panel, big, RAID 5 hard drives, Photoshop CS5, and Illustrator. Windows 7 will be fine.

Illustrator can save SVG files and that's what you use in SCAL software. I want to create something specific in vinyl for the back window of my truck.

Did you know that you can zoom in inside your web browser? Well, I can in Firefox, anyway. I just press Ctrl and the +/= key at the same time and the stuff inside the browser window gets larger and easier to see. To make it smaller, I press the Ctrl key and the -/_ key. No shift required.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: What is Your Setup?

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

ummmmmm......I have an hp compu (desktop) and an hp printer, scanner, copier, fax......that's about all I know! LOL
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

ok this post is written in a foreign language for me. I have a mac
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

ChristyB wrote:ok this post is written in a foreign language for me. I have a mac
How big is your monitor? Have you got a Mac Book Pro? Are you running Leopard? Photoshop? Speak Mac!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I read the first line and then started thinking about how I need to find time to get a pedicure this weekend.
I love all you tekkie people - when I need to know that info, I just send up a red flag and you bail me out!

I have a dell laptop that my DD & DSIL bought me for Christmas one year. My printer is an Epson 1800. I need to find a nice plain old printer so I'm not using photo printing supplies for printing coupons and such. (we obviously have very little need for a regular printer at home)
Pam Cook #48
Paula

Post by Paula »

I have a GatewaySx2800 desktop with 80 GB and a 23" flat panel monitor.
Processor is Intel(R) Core (tm)2 Quad cpu
Systems is Windows Vista

I hope this makes sense to you-----------cuz I think I just wrote a mathematical equation!!! :angel:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I can read Jean's language, but I try not to speak it unless I'm getting paid for it. ;)

I do most of my digi scrapping on my dell laptop at home. It's got PSE7, and while the hardware should be totally sufficient, I'm pretty sure Vista is negating it all. In my craft room, I have an older desktop, slower processor, less memory, and PSE5, but with WinXP, it kicks the laptop's butt. All of my files are stored on the disk array on our home network.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

OK, I'll talk Mac.

I've got a 27" iMac i5 with 2.66 GHz processor, quad core, 4 gb memory, and 1 tb hard drive, running Snow Leopard. I use 2 external LaCie hard drives for back up and storage, a Wacom Intuos II pad with the wireless pen and mouse, Epson R1800 and PictureMate printers, PS CS 4 software. That's the latest of the 5 Macs in the house.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh yeah, I forgot - about time Windows based computers caught up a little bit with what Macs have always been able to do, Jean. Cmd + or - has always zoomed view on Macs, and it's just as simple to increase or decrease volume.

As for Windows - 7 is as bad as Vista, and that's all I got to say good about Windows.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have to agree this is a foreign language to me. I know nothing about computers except turning them on.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I have a brand new Lenovo U330 laptop, which is nice and fast and has lots of disk. Unfortunately it has Windows 7 and everything else at work and home is still XP! I'm fumbling around, I'll admit. I also jumped from PSE4 to PSE5, so my learning curve is a bit increased.

I prefer to be portable with a laptop, even though it means a small monitor when scrapping. My digi kits are all on an external drive because they take up lots of space very fast.
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

pbp908 wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot - about time Windows based computers caught up a little bit with what Macs have always been able to do, Jean. Cmd + or - has always zoomed view on Macs, and it's just as simple to increase or decrease volume.

As for Windows - 7 is as bad as Vista, and that's all I got to say good about Windows.
Just because I spoke about it recently does not mean it is a recent ability added to the OS.
tichwoli

Post by tichwoli »

Just catching up here and came across this thread.

I have a hand made I7 running Windows 7 professional with 12 gig memory and 1T. Awesome speed and no problems with Windows 7. I have CS5 on preorder and can't wait!
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Annette, I'm trying not to envy you and covet your setup, but it's really hard...
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

LadyJaine wrote:Annette, I'm trying not to envy you and covet your setup, but it's really hard...
Me, too! That sounds awesome!