Tim's masks

New tricks to amaze your friends
paddlegal

Tim's masks

Post by paddlegal »

I couldn't help myself today and since I was going to Trader Joe's and since it's only another 3 miles beyond to my LSS that carries all things Tim, well, I got two of his masks. The giant flourish and the alphabet. So I'm playing with the mask (and I warn you that the flourish is really hard to remove from it's original plastic backing) and having a blast with it. But then I look at the plastic backing and thought - to bad you can't use that for something. Now it's probably on YouTube already and I just didn't know it but I used the backing to emboss a manila tag. WOW, is that cool. I just laid the tag on top and used my trusty bone folder to burnish it. Then I took an embossing tool to make it a little deeper. Below you see the results of my first attempt. I'm calling it Reverse Mask Embossing, catchy huh?

There's two sizes of the same images because it's late, I'm tired, and I was struggling for the last hour to get the sizing right to it would accept it. I finally got it.
Attachments
mask embossing 1.jpg
mask embossing 1.jpg (17.95 KiB) Viewed 818 times
mask embossing 1.jpg
mask embossing 1.jpg (9.71 KiB) Viewed 817 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
scrappin nurse

Re: Tim's masks

Post by scrappin nurse »

Neat idea! TFS!!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm getting my discards out of the trash! I never would have thought about using it that way.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Thanks for this.

I had saved all of the backings "KNEW" there had to be some kind of use for them :D
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Brilliant!

I know I haven't seen this done
anywhere else
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Great idea!! I don't have the flourishes, but now I may have to order them. Now I know to keep my backings :)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Very clever! And resourceful - way to recycle! And I love the result.. so much potential.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Oh I love iit when someone comes up with something new, .....

it means I don't have to think.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well what do you know! Tim just emailed me (he is so good about returning messages) to say: "very cool Farley! nope haven't seen anyone emboss with it yet. way to go! have fun and thanks again for sharing...

-tim"

Cool!
FARLEY in Sacramento
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

very cool Farley....has anyone tried to run grunge shapes thru cuttlebug for embossing? seeing this just gave me the idea...thanks for the inspiration...gotta go run grunge thru the CB....LOL
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie at a demo last Spring that Tim did I'm sure (99%) he used a CB to either emboss or perhaps make a grunge die cut? I don't have a CB or anything like that kind of tool so though it was fun to watch the outcome I didn't pay close enough attention to what the device was...it was small and green. Helpful huh? For once I was controlling my knee-jerk reaction that I had to have it all :shock:
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

I've run grungeboard shapes thru my Cuttlebug.
Look at the tin I did for Dani - the wings are "cuttlebugged" using the swiss dots embossing folder.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nancy those wings are fantastic not to mention the tin. What a wonderful creation.
FARLEY in Sacramento