PSL Week 2 LOs

pbp908

Re: PSL Week 2 LOs

Post by pbp908 »

I think it's the picture that draws you in, Cheryl. At first I saw Adam as looking dejected with Lady comforting him. Then it seemed to me that he was in deep thought with the dog keeping company. Maybe that's what makes it such a good photo - it draws you in and makes you wonder about what's happening.

I thought I was going to quit, but then another one came to mind after I looked at the sketches Sharon posted.
Swarm.jpg
Swarm.jpg (216.87 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Loved that photo and you layout is perfect. I think you are right about that other one. Pretty wonderful.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Both are great LO's. I saw the swarm on an earlier LO, but the photo of it being moved is unbelievable. I can't believe he didn't have protection!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I couldn't believe it, either. He walked up to the tree, grabbed the branch above it, George cut the branch and Harry walked away with the bees. Then he laid the branch in the new hive body and sort of swept them off with his hand. I walked over after he put them in the hive and his hand was coated with bees. Unbelievable. They didn't bother him at all. I think they were more concerned with keeping the queen covered at the time.

That hive is doing very well - we need to add some expansion units to it because it's done so well. I don't think we'll pull honey from this one until next year - let them build up everything they need for the winter and then take a look in there next spring to see what we need to do.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com