Ideas for a Rolodex?

bethrich

Ideas for a Rolodex?

Post by bethrich »

I salvaged a nice Rolodex with a ton of empty cards. A coworker was tossing it. Only thing is, what should I do with it? I got nothing!
ChristyB

Re: Ideas for a Rolodex?

Post by ChristyB »

I googled..."altered Rolodex" and got tons of hits.
Try and see if something inspires you.

I'd copy & paste but still have yet to figure how to do that on my phone (even though the commercial says I can)
Paula

Post by Paula »

ChristyB wrote:I googled..."altered Rolodex" and got tons of hits.
Try and see if something inspires you.

I'd copy & paste but still have yet to figure how to do that on my phone (even though the commercial says I can)
Christy-touch the URL in the page you want to copy and then touch select all. wait for the copy and then copy. flip back to the poa page and touch in the message screen. Then hit paste
Clear as mud?
Paula

Post by Paula »

And it works---ya me!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Thanks for the tips, gals. I couldn't believe how many hits there were. I saw some cards that were made into mini-albums. That might work for me. Most of the holders I saw were the little flatish ones, where the one I acquired is circular. So I'm still browsing for ideas.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

You could use it for storage of little
things, they sell card protectors
for the rolodex cards that could hold things in place
or you could probably use it to display ATC's if
you have any. Is it for the larger cards or the
smaller card
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

This really isn't my style anymore but I thought the idea was a good one for Project 365.

http://scrapbookshowgram.com/?p=1524
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, that is a cute idea. Thanks for the link.

Elizabeth, it's about ATC size. I don't collect ATCs, though.
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

I think you should host a Rolodex address swap so you have all the addresses of all the swapper swapper.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I've swapped Rolodex contact cards in the past, and we also did a favourite quote swap. At the time I bought a shiny new circular Rolodex for my card swaps, but after several years of it having less than 20 altered cards on it I got rid of it, opting to have the shelf space back for something else (space is at a premium here - my altered cards are now in a little tin suitcase).
Just thought I'd mention, if you're making cards to swap, that you can buy a Rolodex punch that punches the little holes in the bottom of your cards. That way you can make them out of cardstock or whatever you like.
If you don't want to swap, something that comes to mind is the Gratitude Photo Spinner album that Ali Edwards did - I'm sure you can still see pictures of it on her blog. You could adapt the idea for a Rolodex; basically it's a family mini-album.
Paula

Post by Paula »

neat idea, Keitha :angel:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Thanks for the ideas, Keitha! :thumbup:

I'm not going for a swap. But quotes really sounds good to me. I love inspirational quotes and have quite a collection. And I really need them sometimes at work. I'm thinking I can copy some of my favorite quotes onto the cards and then spin the Rolodex for a quote of the day.