Just shoot me now ...

capescrapper

Re: Just shoot me now ...

Post by capescrapper »

That's good Beth, :D I know especially for the card makers, their was a ton to move. I just really love looking at all the awesome artwork!! It is so inspiring to see so many different styles!

We all take from the challenges what we want! I am glad you had fun :happy94:
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I did PSL last year and Summer Camp and signed up right away this year.

I like the challenge, it gets me motiviated to do! I didn't make not one page that I didn't love. (how many negatives in that sentence? But not one negative in what I accomplished.) I wouldn's waste time or supplies to just make a page to meet a challege - but I used the challenges to make pages that I liked and to finish my son and daughter-in-laws photo album. I was thrilled with it. I mailed it off to them in Hawaii where he is stationed now - I hope she likes it as much as I did making it.

There was a week or two that I felt bad about not getting as much done and posted for the team, but everyone had weeks like that and no one was made to feel bad about it. Yes, there is some stress, but I think the biggest stress is what we put on ourselves. If you try to keep things in perspective and do what you can and not what someone else thinks you should do - you can really have a good time and get a lot of pages done!!!

I think one of the best things they did this year was to create the non-competitive team. That was you could do the challenges but without putting pressure on yourself to complete. I didn't do the card challenge, but that was a nice opportunity to work in a different format. And they split the digital from paper (which they did do last summr too) - I think each one of these things made the overall challenge of PSL fairer for all and gave more people an opportunity to compete on a level playing field.
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

I love the PSL for my own personal goals, namely, to use up the nekkid alsb'd LOs that tend to pile up. But moving my uploaded artwork? No freakin' way! That's just too much work. I thought the point of having to declare which kit it came from was so that if anyone wanted to find LO's on a particular kit could just type the name in the search box. I tend to search for things that way myself. I'm too lazy to keep clicking on links by year, by kit name, etc., etc.