What's up with socks, these days????

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Re: What's up with socks, these days????

Post by pbp908 »

I had the warmest boots ever when I worked for St. Andrews riding program. They were suede with a non-slip sole and lined in sheepskin. So warm that I didn't have to wear socks unless I wanted to. Darn I miss them. Got them from, mmmm, OK - going blank. Someone help me. Not Cabella's, not Eddie Bauer, not Land's End... Darn. Who sells the wonderful back packs that you can have embroidered?

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:there is also a brand called Emu...from oz, nearly identical to UGGS and they were $99 at Macy's....
I'll have her look & see. She has to pay at least half so this might be doable (once she hit 12 she was given a clothing allowance-we buy socks, underwear, shoes in reason---she has to buy everything else)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:I had the warmest boots ever when I worked for St. Andrews riding program. They were suede with a non-slip sole and lined in sheepskin. So warm that I didn't have to wear socks unless I wanted to. Darn I miss them. Got them from, mmmm, OK - going blank. Someone help me. Not Cabella's, not Eddie Bauer, not Land's End... Darn. Who sells the wonderful back packs that you can have embroidered?

Pam
ll bean?
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

and christy...if you have Macy's...they are always doling out coupons, so have her watch for them and she can get some more money off....they are really very, very close to UGGS
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

here's a Macy's coupon for 20 percent good until the 15th....

http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/ ... E_PASS.pdf
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yes! L.L. Bean! Those were the warmest boots I ever had. If I still worked outside that's the first thing I'd get. That and the flannel lined jeans and cords were my saviors when I was there. (It's darned cold at 7:00 a.m. when you're feeding and turning out 35 horses in the snow.)

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

knew it had to be them. Grew up 30 min from the original store. Used to go all the time. Sometimes midnight trips. It was so cool. It really is open 365 days a year.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Thanks Ruth Ann.
She is at a debate tournament all day today maybe we can take a quick trip to hell (I mean the mall) tomorrow.
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Victoria's secret has sweater knit knee high slippers!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine with a coupon since their prices are a joke, but they are the best! Unfortunately, mine tend to slip down when I'm moving around, but when I'm crafting or cuddling up on the couch they're the best (aired up with my microfleece jammy bottoms from Old Navy).