NC Paper Crafting weekend - now named "Re(create)"!

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
Holly

Re: NC Paper Crafting weekend - now named "Re(create)"!

Post by Holly »

pbp908 wrote:I just tried to do a quick count of how many are coming, and I think there's now 21 of us! Whoo hoo! We need to find a sponsor if this keeps up. :lol:

Does that mean we'll get free shirts!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wouldn't that be cool??? Camp (re)Create!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I emailed Tim Holtz & Heidi Swapp and invited them :lol:
Creative Escape has really cool logo stuff - of course she charges a bit more per person than I do!
Hm...I wonder if Cheryl & Megan from Ten Seconds Studio could be tempted to come spend a weekend with us? Wouldn't they be a scream?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Too bad we can't get Bernie to come. After everything she and Jeff have been through the past few weeks, she could probably use a weekend of laughter and fun and sleep.

I think with the creative minds that we have in our group we'll be able to inspire each other for at least a weekend. :lol:
Pam P.

troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Is it time to go? I'm going to bbe more than ready.......
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
beargal

Post by beargal »

Thanks Pam and Cheryl. I had issues yesterday as I could not get logged into this site. After lots of Admin help and hubby home last night I seem to be working again.
I will look to see if I can figure out where 501 is as that is a route I have not heard of before. Cheryl I am interested in your opinion of route 29.
Thanks again for helping me to figure this all out.
Rebecca
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Rebecca I don't have access right now to maps and stuff but hubby also said perhaps 66 to 95 and head south that way. Are you interested in main highways or back roads. I tend to prefer backroads at least going some place. I am in more of a hurry coming home.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
beargal

Post by beargal »

Cheryl,
Mapquest is showing a drive of 5 hours 11 min if I go 81 to 29. Getting to 95 along 66 could take hours and then 95 southbound practically to Richmond is usually horrible.
I usually like to get where I am going the quickest I can which is why I was asking how slow route 29 is. 81 southbound moves along really fast so not sure if I should stay on 81 to somewhere in NC and then cut back east. I could try to get to 95 in southern VA but I would not want to get there in No VA.
I am much more familiar with getting to Ohio on the PA turnpike where you can really get where you are going fast! :angel:

I will try to get ahold of AAA next week to see how they route me.
Thanks again, Reb (I just love it when the computer works like it is supposed to!!!)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

No you don't want to stay on 81 to NC. I take 11 south to 64 to 250. I can't remember all the routenumbers now but it isn't hard. Will pm you later when I can find my way to some maps and give you some options.
beargal wrote:Cheryl,
Mapquest is showing a drive of 5 hours 11 min if I go 81 to 29. Getting to 95 along 66 could take hours and then 95 southbound practically to Richmond is usually horrible.
I usually like to get where I am going the quickest I can which is why I was asking how slow route 29 is. 81 southbound moves along really fast so not sure if I should stay on 81 to somewhere in NC and then cut back east. I could try to get to 95 in southern VA but I would not want to get there in No VA.
I am much more familiar with getting to Ohio on the PA turnpike where you can really get where you are going fast! :angel:

I will try to get ahold of AAA next week to see how they route me.
Thanks again, Reb (I just love it when the computer works like it is supposed to!!!)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I still think 29 is 4 lanes most of the way. 95 would be my very last choice, too. Let us know.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wouldn't I95 take her too far east? Seems that would be really out of the way.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

95 is definitely out of the way. Down the center of both states would be the way to go. 29 out of Danville is a nice road - almost no traffic lights. She could pick up 421 and drive straight into Sanford. It would be my first choice.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam that one sounds like the best bet. I didn't think she would want to come 95 but didn't know if she wanted to stay on main roads.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I-81 to 29? I'm a bit confused on how that one would work.

A couple of years ago we drove 220 down from Roanoke to 58. 220 moved nice and fast as did 58. We took 86 from Danville and it is only 2 lanes. 29 looks good, but is 220 from Martinsville a better bet? My neighbor is from Martinsville and I could ask her when I get back to NC, if you'd like.
beargal

Post by beargal »

Sorry to have caused all this confusion. In going from 81 to 29 i left out all the twists and turns to get there. It is 81 to 64 to 250 to 151 to VA6 to finally 29! whew!! Hope there is not much traffic as I am twisting and turning (and reading the directions) during this part of the trip. This routing is almost directly a southbound route from home.

I am relieved to hear that 29 is 4 lane as I was afraid it was two lane like other routes in VA.

If anyone else is going to be around I am not leaving until Monday so I will be looking for something to do Sunday night. Also if anyone still needs a roommate I am a nonsmoker willing to share.

Rebecca