Here's our chance

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
neith

Re: Here's our chance

Post by neith »

oh yeah, and facebook... when the site first launched there was a link for "the suburbs" that is for facebook... so it was intended before they launched and will be coming... gosh even the Obama campaign was heavily immersed in facebook... but I wasn't on it til the Nov election was about to take place!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Well, I probably just burned every bridge that I ever had at the new CS site. LOL. If anyone cares to read it, it's in that thread that Lori started.

Tawanda rides again!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Pam, I've been checking that thread throughout the day....you will notice that people are being honest and the only ones answering thus far are rather hard hitting.....none of the "pie in the sky" have yet responded...so perhaps even those people find problems that they don't want to voice...You were gutsy, direct, and honest.....I'm thinking Lori is probably sorry she ever posted this and opened this can of worms.....Now, I'll settle back in my comfy chair here, put my feet up, and get a cup of coffee......ahhhhh, the comforts of home.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Pam, I've been checking that thread throughout the day....you will notice that people are being honest and the only ones answering thus far are rather hard hitting.....none of the "pie in the sky" have yet responded...so perhaps even those people find problems that they don't want to voice...You were gutsy, direct, and honest.....I'm thinking Lori is probably sorry she ever posted this and opened this can of worms.....Now, I'll settle back in my comfy chair here, put my feet up, and get a cup of coffee......ahhhhh, the comforts of home.
Well said! That's what I'm doing, as I keep hitting refresh over on that site to see if anyone says anything else....... I'm waiting to see how many new members we get here since it's been put out there that there is an alternative site :)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Gee, you don't think I was a bit too hard on Lori and Jac?

He he he. (Typed tongue in cheek.)

Pam
Pam P.

Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

I was going to post, but if my previous post and concerns went unmeasured, so will this one. I shut it down and returned HOME!!!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

I was vague in my answer. I didnt want to get all nasty. I thought about it! I just couldnt think of a tactful way to say what I was thinking. But honestly, I feel like it doesnt matter what we say to them. They have their minds made up about the new forum. Tricia and Dinah obviously dont want to post. If they did, they would have said something by now. I said
Honestly, I've dropped in here but just havent taken the time to post. I glance at the posts but just havent replied. This forum takes some getting used to. I dont like change so much. Yea, I know, kinda funny coming from the gal who just moved to Japan a few months ago. That wasnt my choice though. Although I am glad we got to come here. Anyway, I will try to post here more often.
I feel like this is home. I can be open & be myself. I can post ALL my work. I dont have to use just CS materials. I dont have to worry that if I post something with CS AND other materials, that I'll get my wrist slapped for using other goodies. Being limited to only posting art using CS makes me feel like when I went to a Creative Memories show forever ago & the woman freaked cause I used a non-CM sticker. I wont limit my creativity anymore. If I happen to make something all CS, then I might post it there. I have too much of a stash to limit my use of supplies to just CS though.
Holly

Post by Holly »

You know it occurred to me when I looked at Lori's post, she has Admin after her name. I think that is her point of pride shining there. Since we don't know who Admin is here, lets just hope it is not her, as then she is singlehandedly putting CS in the ground!
vasha13

Post by vasha13 »

I am sure she wouldn't do that. She is just trying to do her job (volunteer or not) and do the best she can do. I hope she finds a good job after her layoff. I am sure she has to be worried about that.
ChristineOndine

Post by ChristineOndine »

Gosh, ladies, I have to admit to being MIA since camp this summer and the new site is neither a plus or a minus for me. I have never been a big poster but always enjoy the conversations. I check both sites now just to keep in touch with all the people and art I have come to care about.

I think it is good you all are expressing your issues - papering over (pardon the pun) issues never really works - those with unaddressed issues don't feel heard and those in management really are only hearing what they want to hear - not what they need to know. Success is built on real understanding. I didn't hear the comments that so wounded so many, but the wounds are obvious and need to be healed - only fresh air can do that! The silence has been deafening lately!

Christine
Carol Anne

Post by Carol Anne »

I laughed my ass off when I read my email saying I didn't make the DAT. The body of the email was two different fonts -- a giveaway to a cut and paste job. Also that Jac had to send them out, made me wonder about professionalism. It's not like Jac is Trisha and Dinah's personal secretary, but it sure came off that way. Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

I'm sure I never had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting on the DAT, but I'm surprised at others who didn't make it.
carriemck

Post by carriemck »

Well, I finally did it and quit CS last week. I have more craft supplies in my basement than I find on the shelves of my nearest Michael's, and frankly have not used more than a couple of papers from any of the CS kits I have gotten in the last year, with the exception of some of the assigned stuff from the first team scrapping thing leading up to the Scrapper Bowl, and realized I was spending a ton of money on stuff I wasn't using. Plus I found that I was impulse buying just because people on the site were saying how cool it was, etc, not because I could actually or would want to use it.

So after almost 6 years, I am CS-free.

And REALLY happy to be on this site :-)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

A lot of people are leaving because of the kits. We were actually coming up with better ideas in our brainstorming sessions than CS was. And I've noticed a quality change over the past year and didn't really care for it. But the biggest reason that I left is because I have more paper than I'll use in my lifetime. What I need are other supplies, such as embossing powders, stamps (that I will actually use), inks, etc. So my scrapping money will go toward the things that CS didn't have.

Pam
Pam P.

southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

OK, I have read and contemplated this entire thread. Bottom line...I do not care for the tension and the changes involving CS and the new forum. Too much :censor: drama. Who needs it? I have enough flipping drama in my personal life. This is my happy place, with my friends. Face it, changes are good but, not always!

Like many of you, I work way too many hours at a complicated job. I DO NOT want to come home and have a difficult time hanging out with my friends. Again...this is my happy place and I wanna keep it that way.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Holly - don't worry, I'm sure Lori wouldn't do that and I'm sure she's not the "admin" here.... you can tell by the posts between the 2, between Lori and our "admin".... 2 totally different people. Sometimes you can just tell in the way people type....

I went over again to read the newest post and got a kick out of someone's post saying "All the real chatty types appear to be MIA" .... hehehehehehehehehehe, yuh!! They're over here!! :)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio