How about a Monthly Challenge ???

Cathy

Re: How about a Monthly Challenge ???

Post by Cathy »

Marianne, are you really going to post this at midnight? I think that's great! I'll be up - but not up for scrapping! However, I will check it out!
Cathy:)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sorry, I won't be up at midnight. It's 10:30 now and if I hadn't been catching up on a few days of emails, I would have been in bed already. It has not been a good holiday. After 4 days in NJ at my Mom's house for Christmas, we took my Mom to the ER on Sunday. DH and I sat through 7 hours of that until they decided to admit her, then we drove home to MD that night. Monday afternoon company arrived, I had one day with them Tuesday, then back up to NJ today to visit Mom in hospital and stay here until she comes home or goes to a rehab. It's almost 5 years exactly since all her health problems and my caregiver role started. I'm really tired of all of it.
I'll post the challenge in the morning.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Oh Marianne-- I am so sorry for you. I know that the caregiver role is very hard on a person. Please know I will keep you in my prayers. Your Mom too.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Marianne, take care of yourself. Your deserve it :angel:

Paula
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Marianne
Hugs hugs and more hugs.
wchpeters

Post by wchpeters »

Marianne--how well many of us can relate! It does go on and on for years, doesn't it? And, all the relatives pay homage to the elderly parent, but no one notices/relieves the caretaker.

Take care of yourself. I'd say scrap your stress away, but lots of times that's just not a possibility.

Jean Peters
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for the hugs, you are the best :happy94:
I posted the challenge and am now off to the hospital. I just talked to the Palliative Care Dr. and he is going to order Hospice if she comes home and maybe some other homehealth care. So maybe we will be getting some help.
My Mom is just part of the drama, there is a live in relative who is supposed to be helping but does nothing. Don't get me started! Talk to you all tonight.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

Big Hugs, Marianne! Sorry this is going on in your life. Strength and patience vibes coming your way!