November 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

November 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

As with the Scrapbooking Challenge, I am running behind on posting the new sketch and sample. With all the upcoming holidays, do you think I should run this one through December, too?
Monica

Re: November 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by Monica »

Do whatever you think will be best, Jennifer. If you want to make them bi-monthly instead of monthly challenges you are certainly welcome to do that!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

We'll see how much activity we have by the end of the month.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay. Another roadblock. The idea I had in my head was nixed by hubby so I am in the process of rethinking the card I will make. I want it to be used for our SIL and hubby has veto power. Gears are whirring away now. Stay tuned.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Well, this may be cheating a bit, but I am making a card using my new Sizzix Flip It die so the sketch will follow that design. You obviously don't need the die to make this card. It can be a standard flat card. So I guess the main sketch elements are two separate panels on the front and then three embellishments or shapes down the center. If you aren't familiar with the die, you can check out Farley's sample card in this thread:

http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... =8&t=10042

I will have my own sample up before the weekend is up. Thanks for playing. This shouldn't be too difficult for Farley as I think she has this die as well.
Attachments
Nov 13 PAO Sketch.jpg
Nov 13 PAO Sketch.jpg (37.73 KiB) Viewed 827 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well you KNOW I am jumping up and down for this one!
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I think I know what you will be posting. Mine won't be posted until tomorrow afternoon. Sorry, gals.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:I think I know what you will be posting. Mine won't be posted until tomorrow afternoon. Sorry, gals.

That might be cheating since it's already made. :lol: I want to make a fresh one and will post both or really you should post yours. It's a cutie.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Well, as I said, I feel I'm cheating a tiny bit, using a die for this card. But I do love it. My second Christmas card of the season. Yikes. I better get busy. Cheryl has me whipped big time.

The card parts were made with a Simon Says Stamp Card kit (I think December of last year). The snowflakes were punched with an ancient punch. Edged inked with Tim's Distress.

Anyway, I hope to play more with this die and post a few more cards before the month is out. And I really hope to see some of you posting cards to fit the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with me.
Attachments
PAO Nov Card Sketch.jpg
PAO Nov Card Sketch.jpg (202.38 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Lovely card and a good sketch. :clap:

As for Christmas cards, I'm all done with mine..... :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Jen this is awesome! Love your paper choice and those circles are the perfect canvas for all kinds of fun images like your snowflakes.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

that is so pretty
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Good sketch and great card. I don't have any dies like that so mine will be a straight card. Jen I have to mention that I don't think you can catch up to me in the Christmas card department. Kind of went crazy with them again this weekend. :roll: :lol: :roll:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

No doubt, Cheryl. You have made at least a hundred I'd say. I'm lucky to get twelve made. Will try to work harder this year. It would be nice to have some to send off to OWH for next year.
nancine

Post by nancine »

I don't have that die (yet) but will make a card to fit the sketch.
I have more time now... once I recuperate and get my energy back after this past weekend's events!