November 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

Re: November 2013 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

So I suddenly realized that Saturday is my brother's 22nd anniversary so I had to whip a card together quickly last night. Those Flip It dies are amazing. I may never make another type of card. This one is another made from a Simon Says Stamp kit and my prized Stampin Up embosslit. Very very happy with a card that took more time to choose the papers than to make.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.91 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Ok, where is the link for these dies? Tooooo stinking cute!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Here is a link to Stephanie's dies.

http://www.stephaniebarnardstamps.com/s ... cPath=4_44
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And here is the Sizzix site. I'm sure you can find them at many online sites.

http://www.sizzix.com/product/659237/si ... e-flip-its

Signed,
Your Enabling Friend
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Jen…you beat me to those sites. Beware PAOists…this die is seriously addictive.

So I played last night and used the Stephanie die also along with CS Comfort Zone paper (a huge favorite of mine) and Papertrey Ink stamp set "Lovely Layers".

A little photographing tip for these cards that won't close…I used Repostionable Glue Dots…did the trick. I really hope to do many, many more of these and add them here.
Attachments
PAO November Card Sketch 1.jpg
PAO November Card Sketch 1.jpg (144.04 KiB) Viewed 375 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Beeeeeeyoutiful!!!
And great on you for putting the sentiment outside. Love it.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Gorgeous card, Farley! I'll keep an eye out at convention this weekend and see if I can score the die @ a good price. I know Stpehanie Barnard will be teaching & has a booth.... which could be bad.....
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Paula

Post by Paula »

Über nice!! And that paper would be a favorite of mine too'!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Gorgeous card, Farley! I'll keep an eye out at convention this weekend and see if I can score the die @ a good price. I know Stpehanie Barnard will be teaching & has a booth.... which could be bad.....

Oh thank you all!

Monica how fun you have that show up there this weekend and you must meet Stephanie. She is just so adorable. Be prepared to fall in love with her booth. At first I wasn't all that sold on her stamps over a year ago but I joined her club since it was so reasonable. Now I am a Die Hard Member, (stamp set and coordinated dies each month) LOL. When you see the fun cards she has on display, I think you will be wowed. Her cards are playful and happy. Do say hi to her for me and Jen.

BTW, if you join her club you'll get her member price of 15% off:) Just saying... :twisted:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

These cards are all SO pretty.

I've crossed three things off my crafty to-do list today :cool5: . Here's my card for this month.
November Card Sketch.jpg
November Card Sketch.jpg (65.27 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, Sue, I love love love your interpretation of the sketch. I was fearful that nobody would join in if they didn't own the die. So glad you have shown everyone that the die is not necessary. This card is exquisite. Love the shapes and the embellishments, everything. Wooooo hooooooooooooooooo
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sue, I don't think I can say it any better than Jen has. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Love your colors also!
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, Monica, be sure to give our love to Stephanie. She is a sweetheart. She also usually gives a freebie little stamp to Club Members so if you are at all interested in joining, now's the time. I know she'll have a great selection of dies for you to look at and/or purchase!
Paula

Post by Paula »

ScrappinJen wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, Sue, I love love love your interpretation of the sketch. I was fearful that nobody would join in if they didn't own the die. So glad you have shown everyone that the die is not necessary. This card is exquisite. Love the shapes and the embellishments, everything. Wooooo hooooooooooooooooo
Exactly what she said!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: I'm already a member of Stephanie's club! I'll be sure to tell her hi for you guys.

Sue, that is a wonderful card!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin