April 2014 Card Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

Re: April 2014 Card Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

Farley, your card is gorgeous!!! I love the colors you achieve with that homemade ink pad. I may have to ask you to make one for me. I could buy the pad but I have no reinkers. Yes, I know. Go ahead and throw me out of the group. But I don't buy reinkers.

Anyway, back to your card. Love the washi tape and the circles and you know I love those vertical sentiments. I may have to break down and buy that some day.

Thanks for playing. I guess I need to be thinking about another sketch soon. Wow. Did April fly by???
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh pish posh…I'll make you one. I have all the supplies for many ink pads. And thanks for the compliment. That ink pad has been a lot of fun and this was the perfect challenge to make me get those washi tape stamps inky. I do like them and turning them into banners just gave them another use.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes, Farley, I would appreciate that. From what I hear, if we keep it in a baggie, I can make 100's of stamped impressions with it. I remember seeing that idea on Carol Duvall a jillion years ago. Back when HGTV still liked crafters.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Yes, Farley, I would appreciate that. From what I hear, if we keep it in a baggie, I can make 100's of stamped impressions with it. I remember seeing that idea on Carol Duvall a jillion years ago. Back when HGTV still liked crafters.

I'm pretty sure that is where I first saw Tim do this ink pad idea the was especially custom made for a specific stamp. I think it was a snowman. Later when I took one of his classes we did the same technique. It's a great idea. It works best with a WM stamp. You cut the foam the same size as the wood handle. Then stamp in permanent ink the image on the foam. Next you use the reindeers…uh…autocorrect doesn't like reinkers :lol: to fill the areas of the stamps the colors you want for the image. Now you can just press the WM stamp onto the customized ink pad and stamp the same image inked the same way 100 times or more. It's a great way to make a lot of the same card.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yes, Tim did the custom pad most years that he did the 12 Tags of Christmas, too. Great for Christmas cards!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

Getting this in just in the nick of time! While cleaning up I thought this scrap of patterned paper would work pretty well for the sketch, and I needed to try out my new Button Embosslit, :lol:
Attachments
PAOaprilcardsketch.jpg
PAOaprilcardsketch.jpg (175.99 KiB) Viewed 590 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Perfect-o-mundo!!!!
How did you ever come up with that idea?
Fabulous.
And thanks for playing.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That's really cute, Nancy. What is an Embosslit?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Ooh, very cool Nancy! I love your distressed papers and those buttons are just the ticket.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

An embosslit is a little die that not only cuts the shape out but also embosses it. SU has butterfly, hearts and buttons. Well, they just discontinued the buttons that why I had to buy it before it was gone :lol:

Jen - I just follow your sketch.....
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Nancy. I should have been able to figure that out. :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Late as usual, gals.

I notice the only two who participated this month were Jill, Farley and Nancy who probably just felt sorry for me.

Should I keep up the card sketch or find a new challenge to give you???
nancine

Post by nancine »

Well I like it. This one and the scrap sketch I try to do each month, gives me somewhere to start.
Sometimes I forget :oops:
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I wasn't trying to turn it into a pity party, I just wondered if anyone but the few of us want or have time to make cards. So...maybe I'm just buying time since I'm late.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I LOVE your card sketches and look forward to them. Who minds if you're late? :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento