Little wooden pieces swap: Due really soon!!!

Luanne

Little wooden pieces swap: Due really soon!!!

Post by Luanne »

I was at the Habitat for Humanity store the other day and came across boxes of little wooden things: balls, pegs, odd little things that look like Chess pieces. I snatched them up and dived them into 10 piles. I have 10 sets of pieces, so I can only accept 10 participants.
You will be asked to make something out of the pieces to give away, but I'll send you enough so you can keep something for yourself. I was able to pick up 10 'base' pieces, so it will be up to you if you give that away or keep it. It doesn't matter to me. These will be due on New Year's Eve!
Please use some club Scrap stuff in your creations!!!! I'm thinking this will be a great opportunity to use stamps and beads and fibers....maybe not, it's up to you.
I'm not charging for the materials, they were quite inexpensive I just really enjoy seeing everyone's work.

I have your addresses, but please send them again because I think I'll lose my address at the old site. They are sitting in front of me, I was just distracted.
Luanne

Re: Little wooden pieces swap: Sign ups closed.

Post by Luanne »

Me, me, me!!!! I want to sign up for this!

2008 Club 375: 460 LOs, 1 CD ornament, 33 minibooks, 65 ATC, 6 Fabric ATC, 6 AB Tip-in pages, 44 inchies, 3 art dolls, valet album, 12 fatbook pgs, 6 banners.

holly Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:13 pm

InkPattie Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Location: South Florida me! I enjoyed the tic tac toe piece; I was a bit intimidated by wood at first, but not any more...

Camper Trips-over-Stamp-Supplies

cbshai Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:53 am

scrappin nurse Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:11 am

Location: Baumholder, Germany I'd like to be added too please!

Lanita M. aka Camper Never Enough

tichwoli Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:04 am

FFC™ Crafter

Take care of you

azemigh Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:37 am

flojo Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 am

luanne Post subject: Re: Little wooden pieces-altered art swap-sign up openPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Location: Outside Chicago That's 8 of you, plus me makes nine. I have one more box of wooden goodies available. First one to claim it, gets it! Please pm me your addresses if you are on this list.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

I cant wait to see what y'all come up with for this one!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I'm addressing the boxes right now:

Rachelle, Christy B, Carol N and Lynn (flojo) Please send me your addresses. I know I have them somewhere, but I'd like to keep an emailin my address book here. Thanks!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Here is the order:
Annette
Carol N
Christy B
Donna K
Holly M
Ink-Pattie
Lanita
Luanne
Lynn
Rachelle

Please send to the person BELOW you. Remember, I am sending enough pieces for you to make something for yourself, and something to give away. When you are ready to mail, pm me if you need the address. Don't forget to post your creations! This will be a challenge, good luck and have fun!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

my box of pieces arrived today.
How'd you mail it without postage? :D
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I give hot chocolate to the postal girl when it's cold.... I went in and they hand stamped it. Maybe it fell off?
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:I give hot chocolate to the postal girl when it's cold.... I went in and they hand stamped it. Maybe it fell off?
m sure it did. It arrived here with no postage due or anything. Just found it funny
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

or could it be that i'm in your neighborhood....and dropping off gifts?
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Got my little box of wooden doodads today too! Now to put my artistic beret (sp?)on. :creating:
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I'm really interested to hear what you think of the pieces. They're really wierd, aren't they??
I've had luck cloring them with colorwash.

FLOJO- I need your address, dahling to send you yours.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:I'm really interested to hear what you think of the pieces. They're really wierd, aren't they??
I've seen these before, and it is driving me crazy as I can't place where. I have them laying out on my desk taunting me. They are saying "you know us, you know us" see even my supplies talk to me.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

they hold your futon together.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:they hold your futon together.
Don't have a futon
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

They were used in macrame'