Die Cut clusters

jfugina

Re: Die Cut clusters

Post by jfugina »

Sorry I'm late to this thread, but I wanted to say that I really LOVE this idea. I've always loved the look of a well-done cluster of any kind - flowers, die cuts, whatever. But I don't have a knack for it. I know you can say that there's no "wrong" way to do it, but my clustering attempts have never made me happy.

I may need to go through my embellishment drawer and try again though. I've got a lot of leftover cardstock stickers (no, I can't make myself throw the sheet away when there are still stickers left) that could just be powdered and used in place of die cuts. I don't actually have a ton of those (die cuts) laying around. I guess I toss those more readily than I do sticker sheets.

Anyway, I like your clusters Pam. And thanks for the inspiration - something new to try when I can find a few minutes to get back to the craft room. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've found that if I put a square or rectangular piece and a round-ish piece on a tag, that's a good starting point (I kept mine pretty much monochromatic at that point). When I use it, I can add something more fitting to the layout (hearts, stars, flowers, whatever). I can then add enamel dots or rhinestones or wood veneer. Then I might paint, mist, splatter, stickles...

It's a nice mindless sort of thing to do - I'm going to bring some to work with me and stick them together when I'm on the phone scheduling procedures. Hope I'll avoid over-thinking them that way.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That sounds like a great idea. I wish I could bring time-killers to work. :-( Heck, I wish I could ride a bus or train to work and take the time to read creative blogs instead.

I think that this winter, our family will be spending lots of time in the basement again, which will help me get back in the craft room more often. Rob's getting a new table for gaming (larger than a pool table), and I'm sure he and the kids will be doing a lot of entertaining down there with other gaming friends. And when they're not gaming, I fully intend to plop the cover on it and use it as a massive temporary crafting surface. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I've made one! I'd like to do a whole bunch of them but then I start overthinking it, 'what if' I want to change something or add something else or it's the wrong colors or......I need to keep at it for the layouts I am bringing to do at ReCreate.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yep - keep them basic - you can add to them after they're on the layout.
Pam Cook #48