Ali Edwards Story Kits

pamcook

Re: Ali Edwards Story Stamps

Post by pamcook »

I haven't used the stamp sets as much as I hoped but I do love the prompts.
Looking forward to using the "gathering" set for the next Recreate layouts.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This is a layout which is the companion to the layout I used for the February sketch challenge. I created it for this month's theme which is Gatherings. Ali's video included a cool idea to make a negative heart image and stamp randomly in it to create a pattern. I really liked doing this and hope to use other shapes in future. I'm still not really "doing" this class the way Ali does, with long wordy journaling, but I am getting lots of great ideas from her. I don't know that I'll ever be a huge storyteller. I just like the pictures. Stamps are all from Story Stamp except rolling date stamps. Paper is Club Scrap. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (159.06 KiB) Viewed 289 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have been working on my Story Stamps on a monthly basis. But most get posted in another thread. This one is for the March set called Magic.

Mallory and hubby with his sister went horseback riding in the Sonoran Desert in January. I was envious so I had to make a page.

I used stamps and Silhouette cuts from Story Stamp. The papers are from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm. I think I made the sketch myself? Or maybe I CASE'd it. Notice how far out of the box I am with that paper! Yeah, right.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.54 KiB) Viewed 272 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I started to ask how I missed the "love" layout and realized I was in Australia at the time - obviously in a "grandma haze". Great idea to stamp your words into a heart shape!

The "magic" layout is really nice! I've used a lot of that Dear Lizzy collection and find it works with so much. I've been saving the horse paper in case Mia takes up riding again and I get more pictures from her.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

I didn't notice it was HORSE papers :lol:
Nice layout!!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nancine wrote:I didn't notice it was HORSE papers :lol:
Nice layout!!
Glad it wasn't just me, I couldn't tell the pink paper was horses!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Very nice Jennifer. I like the paper combination too.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Those pinks and yellows are so very Sonoran Desert! Those little horses are so tiny...didn't realize either. All the cuter for it. Love the LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Right, the horses are small. So I didn't feel I was being quite as obvious as I usually am. Thanks so much for all the nice comments.

Pam, you need to get busy on your Story Stamp lessons. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That heart idea was a direct copy of what Ali did!!! You didn't really think I thought of it on my own, did you?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Jen - why, yes, of course I thought it was your idea.
The lower my blood sugar trends, the more I realize I've been in a fog for a while!
I hope to go through her lessons over the next couple of weeks to see what I've missed.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am definitely the slowest Scrapper on the face of the earth. I've been working on this layout for over a month. Sitting on my table. Papers and chipboard are from We R memory keepers Souvenir. The alpha stamps are from my prize from Deb. Think it was Deb. Sorry it was so long ago, I may have forgotten. The remaining stamps are from Ali's Story Stamp kit called Firsts. The Remember die is from Tech Tues.

Layout about my first time in South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska. All in 24 hours.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 244 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh Jen! I want this LO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously this is one knockout LO. I love how it makes your eyes travel all around the four states. Super papers used...love the colors.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

Oh that's super cool!
Love the look of it and the embellishments.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good job! 4 states in 24 hours is epic.

Here's one I did using the new AE stamp set. I'm determined to keep the current stamp on my desk and it has to stay there until it's been used. I don't use stamps enough that I think "Oh, this layout needs a stamp." (same layout is in the Everything Else thread - so no, you're not imagining it!)
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG (232.62 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yay for you, using your Story Stamps!
I really like how you built this layout. I'm gonna copy it. Okay?