Summer 2015 manifesto (6/9 - 6/20)

pat-czap

Re: Summer 2015 manifesto (6/9 - 6/20)

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote: I would be in heaven if I only lived 3 hours from my grandbabies.
This would indeed be wonderful...but I'd give anything to live in the same zip code as my grandchildren...as baby #2 is due July 23rd. We are now about a 10 hour car ride away. I envy those grandparents who live close to their families.

As for all the plans and goals for the summer...I have but one..to get to St. Paul, Minnesota when that little guy makes his appearance.
I'm sure there will be lots of pics, but if Oliver's baby pics were any indication of my ability to get them on pages or into albums...I'm in deep trouble.

Good luck to all with their summer plans and the actual finished products.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've really hesitated about saying anything, but here goes.

My goal this summer (the only one that I have) is to finally once and for all quit smoking. This time it's a necessity. I've had a health issue and the doctors have absolutely no idea about what's causing it - pain, right side. They've eliminated ovaries, bowel, appendix, gall bladder, kidneys, and a host of other possibilities. The only things found were arthritis in my spine (no surprise there), and a nodule on the bottom of my right lung. SOP for the nodule is to have my standard chest x-ray this fall and then next spring do another CT scan. I keep thinking if they want to wait that long then it must not be serious, but it's still a heck of a scare and a good wake up call. As for the pain, the most they can come up with is that it's referred pain from the arthritis, which is making no sense whatsoever to me.

So, maybe I'll do a journal page with a photo of a broken cigarette, but I don't have any so would have to bum one. I'm afraid if I have one, then I'll be tempted to light the darned thing. :lol:

And that's my manifesto. Wish it was a more "fun" summer list, but sometimes life is what it is.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

A cousin of mine (actually my Mom's and a bit older than my mom) quit smoking cold turkey after she was called back in for another chest x-ray. Scared the $#!+ out of her, by the time she went back in for the x-ray it was just because one of the views didn't turn out so great. :lol: But she never picked up another cigarette.

Good Luck Pam!!!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I have had to get a ct every year for 3 yrs now.
A black spot
I do not smoke but my husband does -outside
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Good Luck Pam!

Nancy I have 2 grands that were born in July and I will be up in PA the end of July to help the one celebrate his 4th birthday! I don't know how he got that age. He is the youngest and the last of our grandchildren but I am happy with 5 grands and 2 great grands. Most likely will not be around when any other great grands come since the grands are all young.

I made a nice wire bound journal to use for all the "traveling" we were going to do this summer. Now it doesn't look like we are going to do what was originally planned so I might just use it to do a daily journal. I just do so very many exciting things, grocery store, dr office, lunch out once a week. :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam - I wish I could do this for you. I know it can't be easy but I'm behind you 100%.

I know you can do this.
:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Pam, that is truly a manifesto! You're a strong woman, we know you can do it!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I appreciate everyone's faith in me. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I'm proud of you Pam for claiming this your manifesto. YOU CAN DO IT!
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

You can do it, Pam! We're all behind you 110%

I don't really have a manifesto for the summer. Already got through the big graduation this year. Hubby and I are embarking on a new adventure at the end of July, we're calling a kayak hike. Essentially, we're going on a backpacking trip, but instead of hiking, we're kayaking around Waldo Lake. I will definitely be taking pictures and scrapping the whole event. I would also like to catch up on the holiday card challenge so I'm not stuck in November with an overwhelming job that I'll never finish. I think that's enough of a manifesto for now. :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm determined do complete some furniture painting projects this summer.
This little chest was mine when I was a baby. Mom & Dad bought it unfinished and stained it. When my parents divorced, Dad ended up with it. He painted it a dark brown. Before we moved to CA, I asked if I could have the set. It moved with us to San Diego and then northern CA and then back to east to NC. For 32 years I've planned to refinish it. Good old Annie Sloan paint! Three hours later and $64 for new knobs...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (76.83 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Fantastic job on the dresser. It is a beautiful color. I love your history with the piece.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks Carol.
It's Paris Grey from Annie Sloan. I used a clear wax with it.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That looks so nice, Pam. So, do you mean after you painted it, you put wax on it? What does the wax do?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The wax protects the painted finish. This paint is supernatural. No prep or priming. Just paint, let it dry, wax, and buff. The paint dries in less than an hour. It's pricey but worth every penny.
The other pieces are painted with Graphite and I used the dark stain with that color. I love it. Will take photos as I do the next piece but there are plenty of YouTube videos.
Pam Cook #48