Summer 2015 manifesto (6/9 - 6/20)

pamcook

Summer 2015 manifesto (6/9 - 6/20)

Post by pamcook »

Okay, admittedly, Ali Edwards blog post prompted this challenge but I did think about doing one last winter when Shimelle challenged us to document a December manifesto.

Using your art supplies of choice, create a piece of artwork that documents your goal(s) for summer 2015. Art journals are perfect, so are scrapbook pages including the PL style pages (I can imagine a grid-style page).

I want to maintain my vegetable garden, go to at least 1 movie in the park, & spend at least a couple of hours every weekend on the front porch just reading a book. I'll probably add to my list before I sit down to create my page. Depending on how long my list gets (probably not much larger), I plan to use a PL style page and then add photos documenting what I did as the summer months roll by. That's the plan anyway!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Re: Summer 2015 manifesto 6/9 - 6/20)

Post by ScrappinJen »

I love Ali but I don't think I'm into writing manifestos.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:I love Ali but I don't think I'm into writing manifestos.
Really? There's nothing you're willing to put into writing to plan to do this summer?
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for this, Pam. I just read what Ali posted and that is so simple. Mine is-I am going to go outside, sit in a chair on the deck and read-RIGHT NOW! I always say to myself, I am going to do it and then I never do.
See you later!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh I like this idea Pam. I'm not much of a journaler but a summer manifesto fits in with something I really hope to accomplish this summer: rolling my kayak with confidence and some degree of reliability along with greatly improving my self-rescue skills and rescuing other kayakers in trouble. Also getting over my anxiety of doing all the mentioned above.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I went outside and read for about an hour and it was wonderful. We had a gorgeous day today with a breeze. But then I got thinking about what an eventful Summer we are going to have so maybe I should take photos and document it. This could turn into yet another project if I'm not careful. :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:I went outside and read for about an hour and it was wonderful. We had a gorgeous day today with a breeze. But then I got thinking about what an eventful Summer we are going to have so maybe I should take photos and document it. This could turn into yet another project if I'm not careful. :lol:

That's what I was thinking. It's one thing to list what you plan for the summer but surely then we'll have to document the progress? Uh-oh. If I do, I'll be using a lot of pocket pages I think.
FARLEY in Sacramento
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I've actually already done one of the things I really wanted to do this summer. I wanted to go over to Cape Lookout and climb the Diamond Lady. I spent many weekends there in the summers while growing up but in those days it was closed to climbing. It was such a nostalgic feeling and a dream come true. I've even done several watercolors of the day. To make it an extra special day, my two youngest grandchildren and my DIL went with me. My five y/o granddaughter made the climb with me. It was her first lighthouse. I hope it is a memory she will always cherish.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I actually got to lay on the sofa and read for 2 hours or so yesterday.
It was so peaceful in house with girls at beach and dd took Blake to dr.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nancine

Re: Summer 2015 manifesto (6/9 - 6/20)

Post by nancine »

Manifesto sounds so serious!
I've already got a small list going.

I'm determined to do the 30 Day Coloring Challemge without missing a day or giving up!

I want to walk/jog at least 30 minutes every day (boot camp days I might get a pass, but I warm up on the elliptical,for 25-30)

My first grandchild is due July 9th, so that means I haven't really planned anything else for the summer :lol: I know I'll be down there a week or so to help them out, and then visits I'm sure! It's just that it's 3 hours away.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Doesn't sound serious? :P

I started to change it but it does get people's attention! It just seems like summer is over before we know it and I have such intentions of enjoying it more than I ever do. It's too easy for me to spend day after day complaining about the heat & humidity. Maybe this will change my focus?

Nancy - I'm so excited for you! Being a grandma is just about the best thing in the world. I would be in heaven if I only lived 3 hours from my grandbabies. Enjoy every second!
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Nancy, I am so excited for you. There is nothing like being a grandparent! I laughingly say it is my reward for getting old. :lol: My youngest grandchild was born on July 9th.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

two of my granddaughter were born in July the 9th and 12th
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nancine

Post by nancine »

oh we will be in good company with both your Grands!

We don't have any July birthdays in our family - so this will be fun! My Mom is totally thrilled to be a Great-Gramma.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I like this... not sure what I want to do this summer... but... I like the idea of setting the goal and scrapping about it... much easier than a year-long resolution. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com