2016 at the beach - update on last page

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
pamcook

2016 at the beach - update on last page

Post by pamcook »

Just a head's up. I'll need a $100 (non-refundable) deposit from everyone who plans to go to the beach with us May 2016 no later than 9/1. That will allow others on the waiting list time to make plans if you can't go - or aren't prepared to commit yet. Some have sent money via paypal and some have sent checks. Either way is fine.

Eva has generously offered to cook a few meals for us. Personally, I prefer dinner out as much as possible - mostly because it forces me to step away from my scrapbooking and partly because my diet is a bit extreme. I'll ask her if she will post a thread for anyone who would like dinners prepared by her so she can make plans and a budget. Lunches could be an option, as well if she's willing. So keep any eye out for an update on this.

Please - in order to avoid confusion about what's up for grabs and what isn't (as far as food goes) - plan to label your food somehow if it's not for general consumption. This isn't something I even thought about this year! If I remember correctly, there are two fridges in the house we have for 2016 which should help. I don't remember there being a shortage of snack foods, either. :lol:

Updated 3/9/2016 -
Me
Cheryl M
Carol
Debbie
Judy
Eva
Cheryl H
Jill
Beki
Charlie
Dee
Marianne
Keitha
Janet

Thought you birders would appreciate this - http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/14786844/
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Re: 2016 at the beach

Post by jmp1022 »

I'm waiting for a check to come before I can send it to you
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone again!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm so looking forward to it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Wendysuebee

Post by Wendysuebee »

I'm still a rock solid maybe. I'd love to see all of you again!
I like to eat out too, but would be very happy to prep and cook a healthy and delicious meal or two.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I hate cooking, except for those horribly involved meals/dishes that take 4 hours of prep and 6 hours of cooking time. You guys would starve unless I brought George with me. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Here's an idea!!

In the months between now and May, as you're cleaning out supplies or purging, start a box of paper you don't need or want anymore. Those last pages of a paper pad or collection or papers you have bought in bulk and have simply used enough times. Then let's set up a paper swap at re-create! A page for a page. (This reminds me of when I used to trade comic books as a kid...or people trading baseball cards)

So, I'm already starting my box. It feels great!! It's giving me some breathing room in the paper racks.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I would be willing to help Eva with any cooking duties. I don't plan on bringing that much to work on as I will be flying in and makes it to hard to bring to much stuff. I'll bring some things but I could help on the cooking too. I am mainly going to enjoy the beach house and the surrounding area!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am sure we will all have plenty that you can work on if you wish. I hope to bring some things along as I'm not all that far away.
Debbie J wrote:I would be willing to help Eva with any cooking duties. I don't plan on bringing that much to work on as I will be flying in and makes it to hard to bring to much stuff. I'll bring some things but I could help on the cooking too. I am mainly going to enjoy the beach house and the surrounding area!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:I would be willing to help Eva with any cooking duties. I don't plan on bringing that much to work on as I will be flying in and makes it to hard to bring to much stuff. I'll bring some things but I could help on the cooking too. I am mainly going to enjoy the beach house and the surrounding area!
You're more than welcome to pull from my stash. Bring your photos and must haves. I have extra paper trimmers and tools. I can ship your completed pages home for you.
Another option would be to mail your supplies to my house.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Same here! I've got extra tools and paper. You can diecut and use embossing folders and create embellishments for layouts even if you're not making any.

Upload a bunch of photos online or to a thumb drive and I can make sure there's an extra laptop so you can look through your photos and start the page planning process. (We've got a couple WinXP laptops at work that won't be going back on our network so I'll bring one of those)

I'm thinking we'll keep you busy. Then you can just mail a box of goodies back home.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Sounds like a plan! I am sure I won't be lacking for anything to do! Thanks for all the offers!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You'll be surprised at how quickly the time goes. I just knew I was going to spend some time with the die cutter. I also planned to spend more time on the beach...and just watching everyone create...and sit in the hot tub...
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm just going to be happy if I can spend the whole week with you and not be recovering from any other mishap!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Wendysuebee

Post by Wendysuebee »

I love the page for a page swap idea.

I've noticed a trend away from 12x12 highly patterned paper in some of the layouts I've seen this year. Still seeing plenty of patterns, but more solids on the background pages and the patterns floating on top. Floating might not be the right word, but I'm sure you all know what I mean.