Valentine Card Swap - time to create

troublesmom

Re: Valentine Card Swap - time to create

Post by troublesmom »

It is so very wonderful to get good mail!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Happy mail for me today. I received two fabulous cards from Pat and Sue. You two rocked it. I must find a good spot to display them for the next two weeks. They are all so cheerful.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

20 inches of snow? I cannot even imagine!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Pat, Farley and Sue cards arrived here today. Way to brighten a gloomy rainy day! Thank you!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've experienced 20+" snowfall events - once in Ohio - the "great blizzard of 1978" and once here. We were at a crop on a Friday night being told to expect 3" of snow "or more, it's very difficult to predict". We all joked that we needed to stock up on adhesive and then stop on the way home for the requisite milk and bread. We woke up to 19" of snow and a very stunned weather forecaster telling us to expect more snow to continue. We got 5 more inches of snow that Saturday before it stopped snowing. The interstate was closed. School was closed for over a month. Grocery stores weren't restocked for 4 or 5 days - until enough bulldozers and backhoes were brought in from construction sites to help with snow removal. So, people can make fun of us for buying milk and bread but you can survive on cereal and PB&J for a few days ;) until the power comes back on or the stores are restocked. That event put the "fear of God" in me when they start with those iffy forecasts around here!
:hijack:

Back to topic! I received Valentines from Debbie B (love those squares!!) and Pat (such pretty papers and I love those fancy die cut cards!). My cards are on display here in my ugly grey cubicle. My coworkers are very jealous.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I received cards from Pat and Farley today, they are both super! Previously received cards from Cheryl and Sue that are equally gorgeous!

Funny story about Cheryl's card: I was downstairs in My Happy Place aka as craft room in case you get any crazy ideas :P and Rod yelled down and said " Do you know Millers from North Carolina?" And I said "yes" and I THOUGHT he said "They are at the front door" needless to say I had all these thoughts go through my head a million at a time like...what do I have to cook?, ....is the guest room presentable?, will they like my cats and dog ? Did I vacuum this week? And on and on. So I so running up the stairs only to find out he said "There's a card from them at the front door" I have a little table there for mail, keys etc.

I was happy to receive the card and so sad they didn't deliver it in person! ;)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, that's funny!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Oh my gosh, Deb. That is too funny.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Chuckling Deb!

Cheryl, are you planning your next card to Deb? :lol: :lol: :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deb never worry I would certainly let you know ahead of time! Really enjoyed this story.
Debbie J wrote:I received cards from Pat and Farley today, they are both super! Previously received cards from Cheryl and Sue that are equally gorgeous!

Funny story about Cheryl's card: I was downstairs in My Happy Place aka as craft room in case you get any crazy ideas :P and Rod yelled down and said " Do you know Millers from North Carolina?" And I said "yes" and I THOUGHT he said "They are at the front door" needless to say I had all these thoughts go through my head a million at a time like...what do I have to cook?, ....is the guest room presentable?, will they like my cats and dog ? Did I vacuum this week? And on and on. So I so running up the stairs only to find out he said "There's a card from them at the front door" I have a little table there for mail, keys etc.

I was happy to receive the card and so sad they didn't deliver it in person! ;)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Received another terrific card in yesterday's
mail from Pat Czaplicki.
Thank you
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

My craft room is looking good with all of the lovely cards I've been getting.

Thanks for the kind words about my card. :) I just had to use that die...it was daring me to finally give it a whirl...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I have cards today from Elizabeth and Gwen! :cool5:
Thank you!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Received Cheryl's card yesterday. Don't want to make anyone else feel less, but my husband keeps commenting over and over on how much he loves Cheryl's card.

So I guess I owe you an extra special thank you. It's not often that he is so complimentary and demonstrative about our little hobby. Like most men, he thinks we're just trying to keep the PO open.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Two lovely cards showed up at my house today...Gwen and Nancy's. Both unique and wonderful.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA