Beach Week 2016 - Tool/Supply request

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
pamcook

Re: Beach Week 2016 - Tool/Supply request

Post by pamcook »

Are they roughly 6x8? Certainly worth a try.
You need some sheets of craft foam as well. 3 mm thick I believe.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Cheryl.... I don't know if those would work... I've ordered some DVD cases...

but if you're wanting to get rid of some of those Stampin Up cases, I'll buy some from you... trying to better organize my stamps and keeping SU ones in those cases would help me remember I have them :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

troublesmom wrote:If anyone has a small portable iron they use in crafting would you please bring it along. I want to try something new I saw a video on today.
I have one Cheryl; it's pretty small. I'll pack it for you :happy94:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks!
wannabescrappin wrote:
troublesmom wrote:If anyone has a small portable iron they use in crafting would you please bring it along. I want to try something new I saw a video on today.
I have one Cheryl; it's pretty small. I'll pack it for you :happy94:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think I saw the same thing maybe. If so, it sure looked fun! If not, then we'll have two new things to try!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have a ton of them I can bring - I don't use them anymore.
nchoney wrote:Cheryl.... I don't know if those would work... I've ordered some DVD cases...

but if you're wanting to get rid of some of those Stampin Up cases, I'll buy some from you... trying to better organize my stamps and keeping SU ones in those cases would help me remember I have them :-)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

The SU cases might be too deep for the stamping tool, unless you put quite a few layers of foam on one side. I do like those cases though, for storing small things and stacking them on a shelf. My favourite is to put H2O's in them; you can leave the lids off the paints as long as you let them dry, close the clamshell case and they're protected. I've got my pots of Perfect Pearls in one - albeit with the lids on the pots - sequins in another, etc. Easy to see all the colours of something at a glance, as they're in a single row in the case.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:Cheryl.... I don't know if those would work... I've ordered some DVD cases...

You found some to order?!?!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Is anyone bringing a Cricut machine/cartridges to the beach? I'm not necessarily looking for anything specific, but might bring some cardstock and take advantage if someone is. I have the retired Campin' Critters cartridge which I can bring, if anyone is interested.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Regarding Misti, I tried the redneck version and just wasn't satisfied with my results. I wouldn't pay $106 for it but I did recently give in and bought the mini at my LSS for $49. I think. I am very very happy with it. It's just sized for card making. Which is all I really needed it for.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Does anyone have a 2.5 - 3" circle punch? I have my CM circle cutter but punches are so much easier.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have a scallop one that I already planned on bringing.
pamcook wrote:Does anyone have a 2.5 - 3" circle punch? I have my CM circle cutter but punches are so much easier.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Keitha wrote:Is anyone bringing a Cricut machine/cartridges to the beach? I'm not necessarily looking for anything specific, but might bring some cardstock and take advantage if someone is. I have the retired Campin' Critters cartridge which I can bring, if anyone is interested.
I will probably bring my Explore; we can use my Design Space account...I have a LOT
of cartridges linked.
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Pam... yep... ordered some DVD cases on Ebay.... also found some with magnet sheet inserts so I'm going to use them for some of my dies that have small pieces so they don't accidentally come off my magnet sheets that aren't enclosed in anything

And... I've got circle dies that you can use, Pam....

I'll also be bringing my Slice with an assortment of design cards... it'll cut through fairly thin cardstock (not the CS weight stuff) .... if anyone's bringing another cutter, I'll also be interested in diecutting anything travel or camping related.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Looking at Marianne's quilting, made me wonder if anyone wants me to bring a sewing machine to the house in May. It's a heavy duty machine. I haven't used it much yet and I've never sewn on a layout before so if anyone's a pro, maybe you can teach me any special paper sewing techniques.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts