Pam Cook's June 2016 layouts

ScrappinJen

Re: Pam Cook's June 2016 layouts

Post by ScrappinJen »

I notice more stitching. Funny story. Yesterday, my hubby pointed at my Singer in the closet and asked if I'm ever going to sew again. I said I may start quilting in my old age. But I THOUGHT I should pull it out and start stitching on my layouts. Like my idol Missy (and Pam, if course).
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I was never sure my machine deserved space near my desk. I'm still not sure but I'm having fun with it for now.

If you were a spool of cream colored thread, where would you hide? (I looked between my 6x6 paper pads - not there.) Maybe I need to scour the flea market for spools of thread.

No one can use thread like Missy.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

That's my problem. Space. Right now, I'm leaving my typewriter in the one available spot. After I use it for awhile, perhaps the Singer can occupy that spot.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wow, Pam! You are on a roll! Everything looks wonderful.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:That's my problem. Space. Right now, I'm leaving my typewriter in the one available spot. After I use it for awhile, perhaps the Singer can occupy that spot.
My mom bought me a little folding table. I have it sitting to the right of my desk/closet. When I use the Silhouette, it's on the table and the sewing machine is on the floor under it. Such a sophisticated system! Hey, it works for now.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

My old tank weighs a TON. More than that old typewriter. Things were heavy in the olden days.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

pamcook wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:That's my problem. Space. Right now, I'm leaving my typewriter in the one available spot. After I use it for awhile, perhaps the Singer can occupy that spot.
My mom bought me a little folding table. I have it sitting to the right of my desk/closet. When I use the Silhouette, it's on the table and the sewing machine is on the floor under it. Such a sophisticated system! Hey, it works for now.
I put the ironing board up when I want some extra "table" space! Another sophisticated system. :lol:
Kathryn.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Clever. Thanks for reminding me. I've got some ironing to do that I've been procrastinating on. Hubby's Summer seersucker. It's always too puckery.
But that's a good idea.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

katymjo wrote:
pamcook wrote:
I put the ironing board up when I want some extra "table" space! Another sophisticated system. :lol:
Kathryn.

Ironing board? What's an ironing board? :lol: :lol: :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

ScrappinJen wrote:Clever. Thanks for reminding me. I've got some ironing to do that I've been procrastinating on. Hubby's Summer seersucker. It's always too puckery.
But that's a good idea.
I have linen slacks I'm putting off ironing. <<sigh>> Sorry about the hijack!

I love your Happy Face LOs. The focus is still the photos. Mega Bonus Points for sewing!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

UGH. I bought one linen garment in my life. It was wrinkled before I left the house. I took it off and returned it immediately. Went to the wedding in something old.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Can't love them all, right?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.25 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I like it the clusters and splatters are fab.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:I like it the clusters and splatters are fab.
Thanks but it still looks like a hot mess to me. I might have to re-do this one for real. There's honestly nothing I like about it. If I decide to put the energy into ripping it apart, I'll point it out (not that it won't be obvious) but you get the point. Shimelle says there's no reason to have a layout that you don't like in your album - this one is just that annoying to me. I feel like if I just remove the shells of the South Atlantic post card and replace that with two landscape photos (I don't have any portrait photos), and somehow corral that cluster on the right page, I might be able to live with it. I was too tired last night to give it more thought.
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

pamcook wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:I like it the clusters and splatters are fab.
Thanks but it still looks like a hot mess to me. I might have to re-do this one for real. There's honestly nothing I like about it. If I decide to put the energy into ripping it apart, I'll point it out (not that it won't be obvious) but you get the point. Shimelle says there's no reason to have a layout that you don't like in your album - this one is just that annoying to me. I feel like if I just remove the shells of the South Atlantic post card and replace that with two landscape photos (I don't have any portrait photos), and somehow corral that cluster on the right page, I might be able to live with it. I was too tired last night to give it more thought.
I think maybe it's too mirror image. Like you said, everything is vertical and your eye needs something to break that up. Maybe, change the right herringbone strip to a horizontal one and anchor your cluster that way. Remove the skinny herringbone strip all together, it's competing with the wide one.