Jennifer's June 2016 LOAD layouts

ScrappinJen

Re: Jennifer's June 2016 LOAD layouts

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY SEVEN

This was a kit I bought at Walmart, of all places. If anyone recognizes it, please let me know because it's driving me crazy trying to remember the designer. I think it was someone I had heard of which was why I bought it. A male name. Not Tim. HA HA I'll award Bonus Points to the person who comes up with it.

Anyway, it was only about twelve pieces of paper so I cut it up following Shimelle's Perfect Collection instructions and put all the layouts together back in December of 2012. Yes, I had started dating my nekkid layouts. It's always interesting to note how long they sit and ferment. Yikes.

More photos from our 2013 Oregon trip. I used something resembling enamel dots. From May's Lilac Lane Adventure at Sea collection. I think she calls them pearls. As you can see, I'm not good at clusters so I used some for fish eyes and three others in a straight little row. You know, I blamed Lucy for making me buy these things and now I'm kinda getting addicted to them. Gateway drug???

I am DEMANDING Bonus Points for drawing (?) and cutting out my own little fishie on the left page. PLUS, I dug out the typewriter to type my journaling strips. La di dah.

I am loving this LOAD. Thanks so much, Pam, for suggesting it.

P.S. Will there be a deduction of bonus points because I type too much in my description? Next layout. I'll just post it.
Attachments
DAY SEVEN PAO LOAD.jpg
DAY SEVEN PAO LOAD.jpg (211.51 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

No deductions! I see several areas where points should be awarded, but especially for drawing the cute fish!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Was it Tim Coffey?
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Nope. Good guess though. His had a more vintage, less bright color palette. I have it, of course.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, my, I've told you I'm a hoarder. I kept the label from the packaging. Found it where it should be. In with my Seashore stuff.

Daisy O Beach Travel Paper kit. Original artwork by Danny O.

As if any of us ever heard of him. Could be a girl.

Mystery solved. You will see more of it. Eventually.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

First I am bowing low to your hand drawn fish. Next time I have a "draw it, color it" challenge I won't take any whining about it from you. :lol:

Second it's an all around fabulous LO!

Third, next time I'm in WalMart I will have to look for the kits. I've never seen them in the Elk Grove store I go to.

Fourth...bonus points galore awarded.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

Bonus points galore, fun layout & great fishy!

And really, they still have a Sambos?
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great page, Jen! You're making me want to check out my Walmart for kits; great idea to follow Shimelle's instrux to make the backgrounds.

Danny O! I remember him - he did a collection for K & Co that I absolutely loved and still have quite a bit of, although I know I used it for several layouts and a minibook. Nice, bright, primary colours, kind of a patchwork design on many papers. Although the papers are circa 2004 I don't think I'll be purging it anytime soon.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Geez. I've created a monster. Demanding bonus points?!?!
Okay, you certainly deserve them. Bonus points for hand-drawn items are rare. Treasure them.

Danny O? Never heard of him - or if I have, I've defragged the name from my brain. Remember defragging? Please don't tell me I'm still supposed to be defragging my computer.

I'm afraid that yes, those are considered a gateway drug in our world. Good old LucyG.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Who's LucyG? I do recall something about a Lucy with sequins - not to be confused with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - but enamel dots? I need to know.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

LucyG is one of our Club Scrap friends who has never been able to break away enough to join us here. On the Dark Side. She's still a great consumer of Club Scrap but they also lost her on the most recent message board revision. Can't figure out how to use it.

Anyway, she mostly hangs with the Two Peas Refugees, etc., on her online time. So we don't see her here. She always sends greetings to all and I believe she attended one of the ReCreates years ago.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Lucy Grijalva is a friend of ours from Club Scrap. She's a member here and actually came to one re(create). She's a big time enabler.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thank you, Keitha. I just KNEW I had heard of him and that's why I was surprised to see him at Walmart. That cool paper of his with the trikes and toy cars. Loved it. I wonder if I still have some lurking about in the closet?
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Um, typewriter! You actually have a typewriter?!! I'll give you bonus points just for having one. But I'm perplexed, why wouldn't you just type them up on your computer print out the page and cut the strips apart?

Wonderful layouts, btw. I love the green with the cactus.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Love those fish! I say you earned triple bonus points there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO