Jennifer's June 2016 LOAD layouts

Keitha

Re: Jennifer's June 2016 LOAD layouts

Post by Keitha »

ScrappinJen wrote:Thank you, Keitha. I just KNEW I had heard of him and that's why I was surprised to see him at Walmart. That cool paper of his with the trikes and toy cars. Loved it. I wonder if I still have some lurking about in the closet?
Yes! I think I still have a metal car or two...
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:Lucy Grijalva is a friend of ours from Club Scrap. She's a member here and actually came to one re(create). She's a big time enabler.
I know that name; I was on another board with Lucy a few years ago. Don't know her well, though. I think we do a pretty good job of enabling here even without her input :-o
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY EIGHT

I'll try to keep this brief. I made the base of this layout around 2003 at our local Memories store. Yes, I do hoard things THAT long.

Photos of Mallory and Jeff's new son: Oliver Twist. Born on February 21. The class only made one side of the layout so I will put together page two and post it some time this month. Evidently I bought extra supplies so it would match. I was thinking ahead. Even in my scrappin' infancy.

I am astounded that I have kept up with this every day. Why is PSL so difficult? Is it because we have no RULES here? Oh, do I get bonus points for the eyelets? Even though I set them thirteen years ago. And there are buttons also. Hey hey hey.
Attachments
PAO LOAD DAY EIGHT.jpg
PAO LOAD DAY EIGHT.jpg (141.24 KiB) Viewed 166 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Piling on the bonus points!!!
What a sweet little face. Love the page.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

azemigh wrote:Um, typewriter! You actually have a typewriter?!! I'll give you bonus points just for having one. But I'm perplexed, why wouldn't you just type them up on your computer print out the page and cut the strips apart?.
LONG STORY but I'll try to keep it short, Rachelle. It's my typewriter from when I attempted to go to college. Circa 1975. Then much later when my stepson started college, I offered it to him. Years pass and all of my scrapping gurus are using old typewriters to type their journaling. Ali Edwards is one of them. Somehow it came up at a recent family get together that he still had that old tank up in the rafters of his garage. I asked if he wanted it any more. He looked at me like I was insane. So it has been returned to its rightful owner.

Part two of the long story is that I am infamous for not putting my journaling on my pages because it's just too much trouble for me to boot up and type it out on the computer. Now, I have it sitting to the left of my craft desk and when I need a line or two, I can just turn to the trusty old typewriter. Have no fear, when I have a long story or lots of journaling to type on many layouts, I will still use the laptop. It was just a form of procrastination and now I don't have that excuse. It's not ancient. It is electric. And it weighs a ton. But it's working for me. Ali, of course, has an old skool manual typewriter.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

What a cutie! Great looking page.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

All pages with puppies get*ding, ding, ding**double bonus points! Love it!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

ScrappinJen wrote:
azemigh wrote:Um, typewriter! You actually have a typewriter?!! I'll give you bonus points just for having one. But I'm perplexed, why wouldn't you just type them up on your computer print out the page and cut the strips apart?.
LONG STORY but I'll try to keep it short, Rachelle. It's my typewriter from when I attempted to go to college. Circa 1975. Then much later when my stepson started college, I offered it to him. Years pass and all of my scrapping gurus are using old typewriters to type their journaling. Ali Edwards is one of them. Somehow it came up at a recent family get together that he still had that old tank up in the rafters of his garage. I asked if he wanted it any more. He looked at me like I was insane. So it has been returned to its rightful owner.

Part two of the long story is that I am infamous for not putting my journaling on my pages because it's just too much trouble for me to boot up and type it out on the computer. Now, I have it sitting to the left of my craft desk and when I need a line or two, I can just turn to the trusty old typewriter. Have no fear, when I have a long story or lots of journaling to type on many layouts, I will still use the laptop. It was just a form of procrastination and now I don't have that excuse. It's not ancient. It is electric. And it weighs a ton. But it's working for me. Ali, of course, has an old skool manual typewriter.
Ahhh, I see and I get it too. I still have both an ancient manual label maker and that fancy electronic one, but I still just pick up the manual one for a few words here and there once in awhile. I have to read the directions everytime I want to use the electronic one. :lol:
nancine

Post by nancine »

Oliver is so cute! I am amazed you've had a page sitting waiting for photos that long. But it is perfect!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Well, the only puppy I had was Shasta and those photos date back to 1976 on slides. I never got around to scanning and printing them. I should. Denim was eighteen months old when we got her. Not a puppy. Oliver is the first puppy in my life. Even Mallory's first dog, Maverick, was six months old when she got him.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY NINE

Placer Big Trees. A kit of flat faux-layered embellishments purchased a long time ago. Brand unknown. Layout was in that stack of unjournalled untitled layouts. See, Rachelle, I can procrastinate for a long time. I made this layout years ago.

Oh, and again, I am demanding bonus points. I used one of my jillion slide holders. Why did I have to have so many of them?
Attachments
PAO LOAD DAY NINE.jpg
PAO LOAD DAY NINE.jpg (214.69 KiB) Viewed 146 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great color combos and that is some giant pine cones!! Good job on using the slide too. I don't know if I'm "authorized" to be handing out points but I've been doing it so I hereby award you bonus points for getting this LO finished and posted. Good job.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks Debbie! I can use all the bonus point hander-outer assistants I can get.

Those trees are just amazing aren't they? Great layout. Day NINE! Can you believe it?
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

No, I can't. I keep fretting about when I might fall off the LOAD wagon.

My Dad was tickled about those pine cones. I don't think he'd ever seen anything like that in his life.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I think it is a awesome layout! I remember seeing pine cones big in Ca. I don't see them that big here on the east coast, at least where I've been.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO