Easy No-Bake Cookies

Got a good recipe? Feel free to share
jam1375

Easy No-Bake Cookies

Post by jam1375 »

These are a holiday tradition from my childhood - we called them simply "Orange Balls"

1 Box 'Nilla Wafers
1 lb powdered sugar
1 stick butter/margarine (melted)
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
Coconut flakes

Run the nilla wafers through the blender or food processor until they are finely ground. Mix with the powdered sugar, melted butter and thawed orange juice concentrate. Roll into bite-sized balls and then roll through coconut flakes to coat. You could also use crushed nuts or colored sugar for the coating - use your imagination! I find that it is best to let them sit for about 30 minutes to let the nilla wafer crumbs soak up the liquid, otherwise the texture is a bit odd.

Edited to change the melted description from the powdered sugar to the butter. Is it even possible to melt powdered sugar?
troublesmom

Re: Easy No-Bake Cookies

Post by troublesmom »

Sounds really good. I'm cookied out for this year but might do them next year.
:watchsanta:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I just happened to have all those ingredients on hand! I'm gonna try it! Sounds good to me.
Cathy:)
jam1375

Post by jam1375 »

Cathy wrote:I just happened to have all those ingredients on hand! I'm gonna try it! Sounds good to me.
Cathy:)
Enjoy! I think I'll stop on the way home tomorrow and get the ingredients - its just DH and I this year, and these are probably our most favorite treat. One batch will probably only last through Christmas Day!
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Let them sit before rolling them,
or after? :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
jam1375

Post by jam1375 »

EDelValle wrote:Let them sit before rolling them,
or after? :)
After. Although I suppose you could probably do it before. The sitting is because if you eat them before the 'nilla wafers have absorbed the liquid there's an odd "crunchy" (for lack of a better description) texture, kind of gritty.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

hhhmmm I'll have to add this to my Christmas idea book!