My Chrstmas projects

jfugina

My Chrstmas projects

Post by jfugina »

Tried to post this last night, but kept getting timeout issues.. so here's what I wrote last night.
-------------------

I've been seriously busy since we got back from Disney. Here are the things that I've been working on. For our holiday swap at my mom's house tomorrow, I made three sets of jewelry and a card set based on a triple-sized version of Neith's card tutorial. I left the sentiments off, but made a bunch of sentiment stickers by printing sentiments from various digi kits and cutting them up and sending them through the xyron. So they'll fully customizable for whoever gets the set.

Then last night, Rob and I started a train board for Jake. We only got the board cut and covered with green felt by the end of the night last night, and this afternoon I got the track laid out. Santa is bringing Jake a roundhouse to complete the set. Rob is currently nailing down all of the track.

Not pictured, is Rob's contribution to tomorrow's gift swap. He spent the afternoon making blueberry jam. Monday night he built a PC that is to be Nicole's gift from Santa. Needless to say, we're all plum exhausted.
Attachments
tutorial.jpg
tutorial.jpg (82.98 KiB) Viewed 522 times
jewelry.jpg
jewelry.jpg (50.88 KiB) Viewed 518 times
train.jpg
train.jpg (132.39 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Re: My Chrstmas projects

Post by ChristyB »

great jewelry and Jake is going to LOVE his train set. Very very cool
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

all that looks like alot of hard work
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

Wow, those are great! I think everyone is going to be very happy. Hope you get some rest now!
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

cool train set!!!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Wow, you two have been busy! What a great idea for the sentiments. You make gorgeous jewelry too! Any child would love that train set. Its so cool!!!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Wow, Julie, you have really been busy. I like the idea to print sentiments out for card sets. That's such a sweet addition!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everyone! For the cards, because it was for a general swap, it was hard to judge what sentiments to use for the cards. One person may only do birthdays and anniversaries, another person may do thanks and congrats, and I figured it didn't take any time at all to just slap the right sentiment on when you needed a card in a hurry, but it would be frustrating to have a bunch of "thank you" cards when all you needed was a "Happy Birthday".

What's funny is, my dad originally picked the bad with the cards. He unwrapped it all and held up the sentiment stickers, and the look on his face was just "huh?" Clearly, he'd made a poor choice. It was funny. But then my sister's turn came up and she took his cards instead of taking something from the pile, and so my Dad then had to replace his gift, and stole a box of Cheeze-its from my cousin, who took a sock monkey from my aunt, who finally went back to the pile for another unopened gift.

The cleverest homemade gift, in my opinion, was something my BIL made. He wrapped up a single 8" or so long 2x4. When my aunt chose that from the pile and opened it, she was clearly confused and felt a little jilted. But then my BIL came back in with two more huge boxes with 53(?) more 2x4s, and said she'd chosen his "hillbilly Jenga" game. It was a RIOT. My cousin then traded my aunt back the sock monkey for the Jenga game (because my aunt was about 54x less impressed with a pile of 2x4s than a single 2x4), and Jenga ensued for the rest of the afternoon.

So anyway, my sister (with an army of sock monkeys and other sock monsters) and BIL (not only did he cut all of that wood but also SANDED it), definitely gave us a run in the time and effort department. :-)
Julie Fugina
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

oh Julie your story is too funny. Thanks for the morning giggles
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Wow, you've been busy!!! That train set is awesome!
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

that Jenga game story is definately a keeper for the ages. It's great you have a fun and creative family!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

LOL. Yeah, I took lots of pictures of the jenga games going on. At one point, they had a tower as tall as my sister. I probably have more jenga pictures than anything else yesterday.
Julie Fugina
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

that is funny!! Can't wait to see those pictures.
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

Sounds like a fun gift swap~great hand crafted gifts, Julie!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great gifts you guys made for Christmas this year!! Sounds like you had a blast! :)

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin