Friendship/Sister Day is Aug 6th (ATC Swap!)

paddlegal

Re: Friendship/Sister Day is Aug 6th (ATC Swap!)

Post by paddlegal »

Can't wait to see yours Pat. Love my Precision Press also. And like you I kept mine semi-simplentoo.

So cards done.
Envelopes addressed.
PO tomorrow.

This. Was. Fun.
Attachments
IMG_3071.jpg
IMG_3071.jpg (67.18 KiB) Viewed 179 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

OK, I opened mine. That is very clever, Pat, with the image and the sentiment. And, you know, I love that yellow card with the daffodils. Thanks so much!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I currently have power and internet at my house. The generator in the village is powering some of the houses and our street is mostly on!! They finally issued a mandatory evacuation of all non-residents so power can be provided for the residents. Hooray!!!

We have to keep a/c off and conserve water. But otherwise we're good!! I'm exhausted but it'll be ok!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great news Debi! I'm curious, how are they communicating updates for the residents? I assume you get updates via the fire station but I just wonder how the general population stays updated?
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is wonderful, Debi! I hope 'they' do something quickly so those who depend on the tourists don't suffer for too long.
Wendy's daughter and sister-in-law were headed down there next week, no idea what they will do now but they are aware of it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Awesome news Debi! Hope you get a breeze to cool things off.

And Pat got your wonderful ATC today also! LOVE it and the clever sentiment. Thank you!
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I received a card from Pat too! Thankyou so much, it is lovely, and I never thought a card would come my way so soon :P
Kathryn.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Wow Kathryn, that was certainly speedy...and thank you for the kind words.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Mine are postal! Just saw our mail lady pick them up.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Here's mine just before I took them to the post office yesterday.
Attachments
ATC swap_r.jpg
ATC swap_r.jpg (204.12 KiB) Viewed 150 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:lol:
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I think we should do this again! As I am reorganizing the scraps, I keep looking at little pieces of paper before I toss them in the bin and thinking 'that would make a good ATC'.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:I think we should do this again! As I am reorganizing the scraps, I keep looking at little pieces of paper before I toss them in the bin and thinking 'that would make a good ATC'.
I agree, although not too quickly, please. But I could get behind this idea 2 or 3 times/year.

Farley, you mentioned your Precision Press. In the making of my ATCs I used my Precision Press, Trim and Score Board and Envelope Punch board - all by WRMK. Not only do they make quality tools where the results are predictably good, but they also speed up the process when doing multiples of something.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:I think we should do this again! As I am reorganizing the scraps, I keep looking at little pieces of paper before I toss them in the bin and thinking 'that would make a good ATC'.
I agree, although not too quickly, please. But I could get behind this idea 2 or 3 times/year.

Farley, you mentioned your Precision Press. In the making of my ATCs I used my Precision Press, Trim and Score Board and Envelope Punch board - all by WRMK. Not only do they make quality tools where the results are predictably good, but they also speed up the process when doing multiples of something.

Love the envelope punch board. I generally make my own envelopes but this time for the ATC swap I used a stack of kraft envies I already had. Wouldn't you know they are just a tad smaller than an A2...cost an extra 21 cents each. :lol: :lol: :lol: WRMK has some great tools and I never feel bad (or hardly ever) for spending $$ on a good tool. The only dud I bought from them was the Sew Easy...a real bomb for me. I don't think I know their Trim and Score Board. I'll have to check that out.

And my ATCs are postal!

I am up for this again in the future. I've forgotten how much I enjoy this. When I was a member of CS I was in the monthly ATC swap. We would have to use the current kit for them and it was so fun and interesting to see the individual ideas using pretty much the same materials, card stock and stamps.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

paddlegal wrote:...Love the envelope punch board. I generally make my own envelopes but this time for the ATC swap I used a stack of kraft envies I already had. Wouldn't you know they are just a tad smaller than an A2...cost an extra 21 cents each. :lol:
I actually had the presence of mind to look up how small an envelope with a regular stamp could be, and made mine accordingly.